Manchester United have failed to qualify for the Champions League next season, and have had a train wreck of a season. With only one match left to play, a win would confirm their place in next season’s Europa League. On the other hand, a loss against Crystal Palace and West Ham winning on the final day would see them drop down to the Europa Conference League.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the most telling stats from the season gone by.
Stats that sum up Manchester United’s disastrous season
- The club is confirmed to be finishing with the lowest points total in their Premier League history.
- They have also conceded the most number of goals in a single Premier League season, their worst defensive performance in the modern era.
- They have conceded four goals on six different occasions throughout the season.
- As of right now, their goal difference is +1. They can finish with a negative goal difference at the end of the season too.
- Brighton scored a quarter of their home goals this season against Manchester United, in their 4-0 win at the Amex.
At this point, every United fan is eagerly anticipating the end of the season, and looking ahead to the summer transfer window. Players like Edinson Cavani, Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata will be leaving upon the expiry of their contract. And with Erik Ten Hag taking over, a fresh new squad is expected to feature next season for Manchester United.