The Board of Control for cricket in India (BCCI) has raised its price for IPL Media Rights. According to the rumours, the board has increased the Base price of IPL Rights by almost 100%. Last time the rights were sold at 16,347.5 crore to Disney Star. BCCI has doubled its price to 33,000 crore for IPL Rights portfolio.
“Everyone knows the value of IPL as product has increased in the last 5 years. We have divided rights into 4 bundles to unlock the real value for the rights. No composite bids will be allowed. For each package bidders will have to bid separately. Each package will have base price attached to it“- As per sources.
As per information,
- Bundle A – Indian Sub Continent Broadcast: Base price in this category is Rs 49 crore per game. Overall 74 Games base price would be Rs 18,130 crore for five years.
- Bundle B – Digital rights Indian Sub-Continent: Base price for this package is Rs 33 crore per game. For five years, it will be Rs 12,210 crore.
- Bundle C: Non Exclusive Package: Bundle C comprises 18 games and the reserve price in this cluster is Rs 16 crore per game. At 74 games per season and calculated for five years, the price of this bundle will be Rs 1440 crore.
- Bundle D: Rest of the World Rights (Outside Sub-Continent): Base price for this package is Rs 3 crore per game. The total value for this is Rs 1110. crore for five year.
IPL Media Rights Tender E-Auction
BCCI on Tuesday had released the Invitation to Tender for IPL Media Rights for 2023-27 season. The potential bidders can now pick the ITT documents for Rs 25 lakh. The E-Auction for IPL Media Rights is will happen on June 12.
As per reports, the IPL Digital rights package will fetch almost 500% -600%of the last cycle. The highest bids for Digital Rights package in 2018 was by Facebook of Rs 3,900 Crore for 5 years of rights. On the second position Airtel was there with 3280 Crore bid followed by Reliance JIO.
Star Sports 1443 Crore for digital rights last time but still won the bid due to its broadcast, digital and other categories. BCCI has pegged the Digital Rights value very high. The reports state that the Digital Rights should alone fetch more than 15,000-16,000 Crore this time.
IPL LIVE Streaming Rights vs IPL Broadcasting Rights
- Star Sports won the package for 16,347.5 Cr for five years, previous time.
- BCCI insiders feel that this time, there should be more than 45,000-50,000 Crore bid.
- The BCCI Digital Rights should be fetching 5 times of the last value. its hould be in the range of 15 to 16,000 Crore.
- Broadcast Rights would go up minimum by 2.5 times.