The Copper IHS Kit from RockItCool is a CNC machined design that enhances the surface area by 9.5 per cent over the normal IHS for Intel’s 12th Gen Alder Lake Desktop CPUs. This, combined with the flatter, smoother surface, allows optimum contact between the CPU die and the cooler. The following are some of the highlights:
- CNC machined to tight tolerances
- Uses the same relied guide as the stock IHS
- Surface area increased by 9.5% over stock
- Smooth and flat surfaces for maximum contact with CPU and cooling solutions.
- Fits 12th Gen CPUs only. Tested on 12900, 12600 & 12400
- NOTE: The Copper IHS is 100% compatible with the EK & Bitspower Monoblock
- Guide on how to easily remove solder from the CPU
- Marked to show liquid metal application area to eliminate guessing
The Copper Kit, according to the cooling kit manufacturer, can enhance thermals for Intel’s Alder Lake CPUs by up to 15 degrees Celsius, which is quite significant. The main problem is that you’d have to use a Delid kit to Delid the CPU, which is not only risky but also voids your CPU warranty.
Users who plan on deciding their 12th Gen CPUs and using a 3rd component IHS can find helpful instructions and guidance videos on RockItCool’s website, which can be found below:
For $32.99 US, you can get the RockItCool Copper Cooling Kit, but you’ll also need the 12th Gen Alder Lake Delid & Relied kit if you want to put the new IHS on your Intel chip. The overall cost would be roughly $93 US, a significant expense. Still, for enthusiasts and especially overclockers, this is a small price to pay if it allows them to attain longer sustained rates and lower temps.