The Best FIFA Awards were given out on Monday, with several top players being rewarded for their accomplishments on the pitch.
Robert Lewandowski picked up the Men’s Best Player of the Year Award for the second year in a row, while Ballon d’Or winner Alexia Putellas of Barcelona received the Women’s Best Player of the Year award.
The voting was carried out by national team captains and coaches, alongside select journalists representing each region. Here are all the awards given out during the ceremony last night.
Best FIFA Awards 2022: All the Awards Given Out
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player – Robert Lewandowski
- The Best FIFA Women’s Player – Alexia Putellas
- The FIFA Fifpro Men’s World XI: Donnarumma; Dias, Bonucci, Alaba; Jorginho, Kante, De Bruyne; Ronaldo, Haaland, Lewandowski, Messi
- The FIFA Fifpro Women’s World XI: Chistiane Endler; Lucy Bronze, Wendy Renard, Mille Bright, Magdalena Erikkson; Estafania Banini, Carli Lloyd, Barbara Bonansea; Vivianne Miedema, Marta, Alex Morgan
- FIFA Fan Award – Denmark and Finland Fans
- The Best FIFA Men’s Coach – Thomas Tuchel
- The FIFA Best Women’s Coach – Emma Hayes
- FIFA Fair Play Award – Denmark National Team and Staff
- Puskas Award – Erik Lamela
- The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper – Edouard Mendy
- The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper – Christiane Endler
- FIFA Best Special Award – Christine Sinclair
- FIFA Best Special Award – Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo was given the Special Award for becoming the highest international goalscorer this past year, beating Ali Daei’s record. The Portugal captain now has 115 goals to his name.
The Best FIFA Awards ceremony also saw Denmark receive recognition for their dealing with the Christian Eriksen incident in the Euros, especially the medical staff. The fans of the country and Finland were also given recognition for their support.
Lastly, the Puskas Award went to former Tottenham Hotspur player Erik Lamela for his rabona goal against Arsenal in the North London derby.