A deadline has been finally given to Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchise by BCCI to pick three players who are absolutely free. All the issues related to the CVC Capital- Ahmedabad franchise will be cleared by the next week of January. 31 January 2021 is the last date for the two franchises to announce the three free players before the IPL Mega Auction 2022.
Earlier, BCCI had set 25 December 2021 as the deadline for the two new franchises to sign the three players. CVC owned Ahmedabad franchise deadline got actually extended though BCCI will be officially announcing the date. As per reports, January 31 is the official deadline as stated by the IPL Governing Council.
CVC had won the Ahmedabad franchise’s bidding rights in October 2022. Then, the company was alleged to have ties with betting companies. Fortunately, the independent company formed by BCCI gave a green signal to the company and the officials of CVC will reach Mumbai to sign the legal documents.
- CVC got a green signal from the independent committee formed by BCCI, thus the company will sign a fresh contract with BCCI for the Ahmedabad franchise.
- CVC Capital officials have arrived in Mumbai to sign the contract .
- The BCCI is yet to announce the deadline which is January 31 to pick their top players.
- The Ahmedabad franchise will be setting major announcements in the next 5-10 days.
- Once the franchises receive ‘Letter of Intent’ formally, the franchise will get to choose their commercial packages.
RPSG owned Lucknow Franchise is all set to return to IPL. Gautam Gambhir is going to be their mentor, Andy Flower their head coach and Vijay Dahiya being their assistant coach.
The franchise has signed a deal with MyCircle11 as their title sponsor for three years. Lucknow franchise has also launched a special name hunt for the franchise where fans will be picking up the name for the franchise.