Fixtures from Round 3 of the 21/22 FA Cup are now in the books, with a number of surprises coming our way. Here is the full list of results from the round so far.
FA Cup Round 3 results 8/1
- Mansfield 2-3 Middlesbrough
- Bristol City 0-1 Fulham AET
- Burnley 1-2 Huddersfield
- Coventry 1-0 Derby
- Hartlepool 2-1 Blackpool
- Millwall 1-2 Crystal Palace
- Barnsley 5-4 Barrow AET
- Boreham Wood 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
- Kidderminster Harriers 2-1 Reading
- Leicester City 4-1 Watford
- Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
- Peterborough United 2-1 Bristol Rovers
- Port Vale 1-4 Brentford
- Queens Park Rangers 1-1 Rotherham United AET (QPR win 8-7 on penalties)
- West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion AET
- Wigan Athletic 3-2 Blackburn Rovers
- Birmingham City 0-1 Plymouth Argyle AET
- Chelsea 5-1 Chesterfield
- Hull City 2-3 Everton AET
- Swansea City 2-3 Southampton AET
- Yeovil Town 1-3 AFC Bournemouth
Newcastle United shocked
Newcastle United bowed out of the competition to Cambridge United, who compete in League One, the third division of England. A 56th minute goal from Joe Ironside was enough to spoil Kieran Trippier’s debut for his new club.
Huddersfield pull off late comeback to eliminate Burnley
Premier League club Burnley also exited the FA Cup to Championship club Huddersfield Town. They pulled off a late comeback to turn the scoreline around from 1-0 in Burnley’s favour.
Chelsea win with ease
Last year’s FA Cup finalists began their quest for the title with an easy win against National League side Chesterfield Town. The Blues were 4-0 up at half time, and Chesterfield were always resigned to a loss. But, they earned a consolation goal in the second half to send the travelling fans home happy.