There has been an increasing case of Covid-19 virus which is a series between India vs South Africa. BCCI insisted Cricket South Africa (CSA) that the Indian team must be sent back to country, if the covid situation detoriates.
CSA’s chief medical officer DR Shuaib Manjra said that the South African government has agreed that the Indian team will be sent back to India if there’s some issue regarding Covid-19.
Manjra in his statement declared
“If there needs to be repatriation and the borders are closed, the government has given a guarantee that they will allow the players and the team to go back to India.I think we’ve taken whatever measures we can to ensure that the Indian team is not only safe here, but should they need to leave for whatever reason, that the path is open for them to leave at any point that they wish.”
South Africa is going through the fourth Covid-19 wave and there’s also the Omicron variant, raising a lot of eyebrows. BCCI is now relieved as CSA has approved the decision of letting Indian players go back to their country if the covid-19 increases
The players and hotel staff are in the bio-bubble
- No outside guests will be allowed in the hotel
- The staff involved are quarantining at the hotel
- Regular testing is being done for the staff
- Everything that comes on to the property is thoroughly checked to ensure that all the health and safety requirements are met
- The hotel has been demarcated into various sectors to ensure that there is no contamination.
- Covid-19 compliance officers are appointed at the hotel.
The Indian cricket team will be also getting hospital beds if there’s some sort of emergencies.
Indian squad for the South Africa Tour :
Virat Kohli (Captain), KL Rahul (vice-captain), Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Jayant Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Priyank Panchal.
Standby Players: Navdeep Saini, Saurabh Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Arzan Nagwaswalla.