pTron Bassbuds Pixel is a new TWS offering designed for the Gen Z fashionistas serving up comfort, function, and a chic minimalist aesthetic. Offering great Immersive stereo sound with deep resonant bass the Bassbuds Duo boasts several smart features including the latest Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, voice assistance support, IPX4 water resistance, and 10mm drivers. Priced only at ₹1,399, the earbuds are available in 2 vibrant colorways: Black & White on Amazon India.
I have received the black colour product and after testing it alongside other pTron earbuds I will share some detailed reviews on this earbud.
Key Features of pTron Bassbuds Duo
- Quick 4 Times Tap on Either Earbud will Activate Movie/Gaming Mode Low Latency Mode
- True Wireless Stereo headphone featuring advanced BTv5.1; Smart Touch Control; Deep Bass & Built-in HD Mic in Each bud for Stereo Calls.
- Hi-Fi Speakers with 10mm Dynamic Driver; Ultra-lightweight 3.6gm each Bud; 20 Hours Total Playtime with the Case; In-Ear Snug-Fit Design; Passive Noise Cancellation; HD Mic for Clear Calls
- Multi-function Controls Allow Hands-free Music & Call Experience; Instant Access to Device’s Voice Assistant; IPX4 Sweat/Water-Resistant Wireless Earbuds; Type-C port for Fast Charging
- 1-Step Pairing & Quick Connect; Auto-Pairing & Seamless 10M Wireless Connectivity; 30mAh*2 Earbud; 1 Hour Charge Time; 120Hrs Standby; Portable & Compact 300mAh Charging Case; Charging Cable included
Design and Built
The pTron Bassbuds Pixel also has a similar design to the pTron Bassbuds Duo with a similar kind of extended earpiece part. There is a specific area on the earbuds for touch control and you can see the pTron branding on it. There is also an indicator that blinks while turned on.
The touch controls make it easier for hands-free control over the contents. On the other hand, the build quality of the whole package is basic. These earbuds under Rs.2,000 are quite basic both in looks and feel, but one can use them as a starter.
The charging case of the pTron Bassbuds Duo has the branding at the front and there is a USB Type-C port at the bottom of the case. You can also find an indicator below the pTron branding on the case.
In The Box
Accessories we will get inside the box are,
- Carrying case
- 1 Extra Pair of Silicone Eartips
- USB-A to USB Type C Charging cable
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
Frankly speaking, the audio quality of the pTron Bassbuds Pixel is basic or average. The sound has a soothing effect but does not break or distorts on full volume. The 10mm Hi-Fi Dynamic Speakers with noticeable Bass. The bass is very prominent on higher volume and overall the quality is up to the mark for this price range. There seems to have been no issue while playing games with these headphones.
How to Pair?
Steps to pair the pTron Bassbuds Pixel with any iOS and Android devices.
- Open the lid of the case and take out the earbuds.
- Then turn on the Bluetooth of your smartphone/ iPad/ laptop.
- Search for any wireless device.
- Then the newly found device section you can see the name pTron TWS.
- Click on the name and then it will ask to pair with the TWS earbuds.
- Accept the prompt and pair with it.
Comfort and Usage
Each earbud of ptron Bassbuds Pixel is very lightweight and after fitting in ears it will feel like nothing is in the ears because it weighs 4grams each. It fits comfortably in the ears and feels great, moreover, it does not falls from the ears once fitted properly.
All conditions proof IPX4 sweat and water-resistant earbuds can be worn while workout, while the silicon tip is adjustable with two other spare ear tips of different sizes. Along with this, the touch controls make it more user-friendly and accessible with any one hand.
The microphone is quite impressive but one thing I have noticed in most of the pTron earbuds including this that in outdoor usage it faces a problem to receive the voice properly while I am talking in a crowded place with a mask on and without as well. In such a situation, you need to talk loudly so that the microphone can receive your sound properly.
Battery and Charging
The pTron Bassbuds Pixel has a playtime of 15 hours and 120 hours standby time, which is one of the best right now in the market.
The Type-C charging port is at the back of the case and it can charge with 1.5 hours from 0 to 100. One fully charged case can charge the earbuds almost 2-3 times.
After using it for a week I am totally impressed with the audio quality for a sub-Rs.2,000 earbud. The whole case of the TWS is compact and can be easily carried anywhere. Overall the lightweight nature of the earbuds is the prime USP for them.
Considering the price of Rs.1,399 you can definitely go for the pTron Bassbuds Pixel TWS earbuds especially if you want to try some basic earbuds. You can also consider the pTron Bassbuds ANC 992 which has similar features to the Bassbuds Duo but has an additional digital display on its case.
Buy pTron Bassbuds Duo: