The list of retained players for the upcoming IPL season has been revealed . The retention was quite predictable from before hand. The 8 franchises have retained 27 players in all together. Rohit Sharma from Mumbai Indians (MI), Ravindra Jadeja from Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rishabh Pant from Delhi Capitals (DC) have the highest pay cheque for next season. They will be paid around 16 crores per season for the next three seasons in a row.
Here’s a list of retained players
IPL retention list by 8 IPL franchises
- Mumbai Indians (MI) retained players : Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) : Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammed Siraj
- Punjab Kings (PBKS) : Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh
- Sunrisers hyderabad (SRH): Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad, Umran Malik
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Moeen Ali, Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Delhi Capitals (DC) : Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw, Anrich Nortje
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) : Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) : Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Narine
Total number of retained players in IPL 2022
- 3 players retained in Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- 4 players retained in Mumbai Indians (MI)
- 2 players retained in Punjab Kings (PKBS)
- 3 players retained in Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
- 4 players retained in Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- 4 players retained in Delhi Capitals (DC)
- 4 players retained in Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- 3 players retained in Rajasthan Royals (RR)
Norms for retentions for IPL
Salary Cap- 90 crore
Old franchises will announce retain players by 30th November 2021 and 4 players could be retained. Out of it maximum of 3 Indian players and 2 foreign players can be retained
New franchises will finalize their 3 players outside auction between 1st December 2021 to 30th December 2021. They can retain 2 Indians and 1 foreigner.
This time there will be no Right To match (RTM) cards this time.