Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance has received a massive 16-gigabyte update that includes a new map with tonnes of content, as well as UI and quality-of-life enhancements. Dark Alliance was panned at launch due to its unfinished nature, so maybe this update will make the game feel more complete and finished.
Below is a list of some of the new material, features, and quality-of-life enhancements included in the Crystal Wraiths update from Canadian developer Tuque Games.
The Crystal Wraiths
- The long-awaited free DLC drop is here! Coming in hot is a new map, The Crystal Wraiths, which contains three acts to complete with new cinematics, new lore items, new bosses, and a new trophy to earn.
User Interface and User Experience
- Players can now choose to skip the Tally Screen at the end of a mission
- Added ability countdown timers
- Added additional Controller presents
- Added new loading screen tips, mission descriptions, and images
- Added the ability to view Moves and Equipped Gear while on a mission
- Added the ability to restore default settings in the Keybinding menu while in a mission
- Added Buff Icons to the “Icon Legend” menu
- Added AZERTY Support for Keyboard & Mouse controls
- Added and improved the accuracy of existing waypoint markers
- Players are now able to swap characters when in a full party
- Added a “+” in front of the Critical Chance stat
- Updated Move descriptions
Performance and Stability
- Fixed a crash that could occur after receiving the inactivity prompt in a map
- Fixed crashes on Xbox One consoles that were occurring while in Multiplayer
- Fixed a massive FPS drop occurring when player characters were hit by Akar Kessel’s Cloudkill attack
- Improved performance in The Fury of Icewind, Crystalline Dreams, and The Order of the One Light
The latest Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance update also includes a huge variety of bug fixes and balancing modifications — if you need more information, the complete, unabridged patch notes are available here.