On Monday, i.e. 25th October 2021, 67th National Film Awards 2021’s presentation ceremony was held at Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan. The awards were presented by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. The 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award was presented to Rajnikanth.
The 67th National Film Awards were announced in March this year. They honored the best in cinema in 2019, and were supposed to take place last year, but were postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The jury chose 461 films in the feature category and 220 films in the shorts category.
On Sunday, Rajnikanth has written in a statement that “Tomorrow is an important occasion for me with two special landmarks. One, Dadasaheb Phalke Award, being conferred upon me by the Government of India because of the love and support of the people.” After that, he has also written about his daughter Soundarya’s app. Rehearsals for the awards were held on Sunday.
National Film Awards list
Here we present the list of awards along with award winners names:-
- Rajnikanth – Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- Dhanus – Best Actor for Asuran
- Manoj Bhajpayee – Best Actor Award for Bhonsle
- Kangana Ranaut- Best Actress Award for Manikarnika and Panga
- Priyadarshan’s Malyalam period epic Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea – Best Featured Film Award.
- Vivek Agnihotri for The Tashkent Files – Best Dialouge Award.
- Pallavi Joshi – Best Supporting Actress Award.
- Chhichhore – Best Hindi Film Award, starring Late Sushant Singh Rajput.
- B Praak – Best Male Playback Singer for the patriotic song Teri Mitti from his war-drama film named Kesari.
- Documentary Wild Karnataka – Best Exploration Film.
- Sir David Attenborough – Best Narration for the documentary Wild Karnataka.