Thursday, December 1, 2022
JVSpin

Zee Entertainment and Sony Pictures have agreed to Merge; Punit Goenka will serve as the Joint Entity’s CEO

- Advertisement -

Zee Entertainment and Sony Pictures Network have chosen to unite, marking a significant shift in Indian media. Punit Goenka has agreed to a non-binding term sheet for a ZEE-Sony Pictures Network merger. Following the merger, SPN promoters will invest $1.575 billion. The new entity’s MD will be Goenka.

SPN will own 52.93 percent of the company after the merger. The remaining 47.07 percent will go to Zee shareholders.

The ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) Board of Directors unanimously approved the merger between Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and ZEEL in principle. The board of directors took into account not only the financial aspects of the partnership but also the strategic value it brings.

zee1 16316193924x3 1
credit – news18.com
1xbit

The Board concluded that the merger would benefit all shareholders and stakeholders. The merger is by ZEEL’s plan to become a premier media and entertainment company in South Asia, with stronger growth and profitability.

Zee Entertainment stockholders will own 47.07 percent of the consolidated business after the merger, while Sony Pictures Networks will own 52.93 percent. Punit Goenka will serve as the amalgamated business’s MD and CEO for the next five years, according to the company.

The news comes a week after shareholder agitation at Zee Entertainment resulted in an open call for the promoters and current management, led by Punit Goenka, to be fired.

It is anticipated that the final transaction would be subject to the completion of customary due diligence and execution of definitive agreements and required corporate, regulatory, and third-party approvals, including the votes of Zee’s shareholders.

- Advertisement -

Zee’s shareholders demanded the removal of three of the company’s directors, including the CEO, last week. With a combined 17.9% ownership in the company, Invesco Developing Markets Fund and OFI Global China Fund LLC petitioned for an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders to remove Punit Goenka, Manish Chokhani, and Ashok Kurien from the board. The investors also requested that multiple independent directors be appointed to the media and entertainment company.

- Advertisement -
spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles

Bitdefender WW

Stay Connected

220FansLike
122FollowersFollow
187FollowersFollow
Ajio [CPS] IN

Hot Topics

spot_img

Latest Articles

Trending

Featured

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add technosports.co.in to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

×
RBI RETAIL DIGITAL RUPEE: GET ALL THE LATEST UPDATES ALL THE TOP LUXURY CARS WILL LAUNCH IN DECEMBER 2022 ALL THE SMARTPHONES WILL EQUIP SNAPDRAGON 8 GEN 2 SoC TOP 5 MOST LUXURIOUS TRAINS IN INDIA KIARA ADVANI AND VICKY KAUSHAL’S SONG CROSSED 26M VIEWS