One of Oppo’s best smartphones this year has to be the Oppo Reno 6 series and both the Reno 6 and Reno 6 Pro are great for the price. They have that premiumness with a good camera and is powered by the latest MediaTek Dimensity chipsets as well as having a lot of 5G bands, a lot of people including me bought it.
However, since the last update, I did notice battery drains especially if you took calls using earbuds or headphones, involving Bluetooth connection with my Oppo Reno 6.
Seems like this was a genuine issue and with the new CPH2251_11_A.15 update for ColorOS 11.3 based on Android 11. Here is the complete update log of the new update is almost 730MB in size:
• Integrates the September 2021 Android security patch to enhance system security.
• Improves signal strength.
• Fixes an issue where there would be no sound when you use VoWiFi calling provided by Chunghwa Telecom.
• Reduces power consumption caused by Bluetooth connection.
• Fixes a compatibility issue with screencast.
• Optimizes the power saving feature.
• Optimizes power consumption to extend battery life.
• Improves camera performance and user experience.
Well, it’s too early to judge the improvements, however, it’s good that Oppo is regularly bringing updates each month and fixing issues, integrating the latest Android security patches.