After making a return to the Indian squad in tests following a one-year absence, Rohit Sharma has been in terrific form this year. The Indian opener has amassed 906 runs in 21 innings in 2021. As a result, Hitman has become a vital part of India’s success in tests this year.
The Indian star continued his stellar form with a magnificent century at Oval. This was Rohit’s first century away from home in tests. His knock of 127 runs in 256 deliveries helped India set a good total to England in the fourth test. With this overseas century, Rohit Sharma has broken five records.
5 Records Broken by Rohit Sharma with his first-innings century at Oval against England
- Rohit Sharma completes his 15,000 runs in International Cricket and becomes the 8th Indian player to achieve this huge milestone.
- The Hitman also completes his 11,000 runs in all formats as an opener with this 127 run knock at Oval against England.
- This century at Oval in the second innings of the fourth test has helped Rohit Sharma cross the 2000 runs mark in English conditions.
- In addition to that, Rohit also crossed the 3000 runs mark in Test Cricket after making his test debut in 2013.
- Owing to this exceptional second innings hundred, Rohit Sharma has scored over 1000 runs in 2021 across all formats.
Currently, as it stands Rohit Sharma is the highest run-getter for India in this test series. He has scored 368 runs in 7 innings with an average of 52.57. The Indian opener is only behind the English captain Joe Root who has scored 1,419 runs in tests in this calendar year. Hence the Hitman has turned into a beast this season and Indian fans can expect more overseas tons in the near future.