The international tournaments have all ended with Italy winning the Euro 2020 while Messi ending his international trophy drought as Argentina won the Copa America 2021.
So now we have shifted our focus to club football. All the clubs have already signed their main targets and planning for the upcoming 2021-22 season. So here we take a look at the top 10 most expensive transfers in the summer of 2021 so far:
10. Andre Silva, from Eintracht Frankfurt to RB Leipzig (23m euros).
9. Marc Guehi, from Chelsea to Crystal Palace (23.3m euros).
8. Gerson, from Flamengo to Marseille (25m euros).
7. Fikayo Tomori, from Chelsea to AC Milan (29.2m euros).
6. Patson Daka, from RB Salzburg to Leicester City (30m euros).
5. Rodrigo de Paul, from Udinese to Atletico Madrid (35m euros).
4. Emiliano Buendia, from Norwich City to Aston Villa (38.4m euros).
3. Ibrahima Konate, from RB Leipzig to Liverpool (40m euros).
2. Dayot Upamecano, from RB Leipzig to Bayern Munich (42.5m euros).
1. Achraf Hakimi, from Inter to PSG (60m euros).