Barcelona have been very active in the summer transfer market so far, and have confirmed numerous first-team signings. Sergio Aguero, Eric Garcia and Memphis Depay have been signed as free agents while Emerson Royal returns from his spell at Real Betis to permanently join Barcelona.
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City, free transfer)
- Eric Garcia (Manchester City, free transfer)
- Emerson Royal (Real Betis, €9 million)
- Memphis Depay (Olympique Lyon, free transfer)
More importantly, Barcelona have also managed to offload numerous fringe players as well. They are currently struggling to accommodate the new signings on their wage budget, due to the La Liga restrictions. Francisco Trincao is the only player officially sent out on loan. Other players, such as Konrad de la Fuente, Juan Miranda, Carles Alena, Sergio Akieme, Jean-Clair Todibo and Junior Firpo have all secured permanent transfers away.
- Matheus Fernandes (contract terminated)
- Juan Miranda (Real Betis, free transfer, 40% sell-on clause)
- Trincao (Wolverhampton Wanderers, loan)
- Monchu (Granada, free transfer, 50% sell-on clause, first refusal)
- Konrad de la Fuente (Marseille, €3 million, 50% sell-on clause)
- Sergio Akieme (UD Almeria, €3.5 million, 10% sell-on clause)
- Carles Alena (Getafe, €5 million, 50% sell-on clause)
- Jean-Clair Todibo (OGC Nice, €8.5 million plus €7 million variables, 20% sell-on clause)
- Junior Firpo (Leeds United, €15 million, 20% sell-on clause)
Despite the heavy traffic in the transfer market involving Barcelona players, they are not quite done yet. Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez are expected to be swapped, while Samuel Umtiti, Philippe Coutinho and Miralem Pjanic could leave the club by the end of the transfer window, to free up the wage bill.