The New NVIDIA Canvas App (Beta)
Releasing today in beta, the new NVIDIA Canvas app lets creators paint by material rather than color, using RTX-accelerated AI to turn brushstrokes into lifelike images. The tool also allows artists to use style filters, changing an image in-progress to adopt the style of a particular painter. RTX users can download the Canvas beta, take it for a test drive and provide feedback on the NVIDIA forums.
Adobe Substance 3D
Adobe’s Substance 3D Collection of apps expands with new apps and tighter integrations, forming a cohesive ecosystem that ensures 3D design is faster and easier than ever – suited for any creator. And NVIDIA RTX GPU owners get the best performance across the entire workflow. New apps and integrations include:
- Substance 3D Stager is the new app for assembling, lighting and rendering photorealistic scenes. It lets artists place and adjust objects in real time. Interactive ray tracing, which is accelerated on RTX GPUs today, helps remove guesswork.
- Substance 3D Modeler (private beta), available soon, will allow artists to create and combine 3D models at every stage of the creative process, be it concept art, sketching or prototyping. This application uses the cross-platform Vulkan API to access the power of RTX GPUs.
- Substance 3D Sampler (previously known as Alchemist) converts physical samples and photos into high quality, ready-to-use 3D materials, saving valuable time from having to build materials from scratch. RTX interactive ray tracing lets artists apply realistic wear-and-tear and other effects to materials in real time, which is impossible with the CPU alone.
June Studio Driver – New Features and More Performance
NVIDIA’s June update is the first Studio Driver to add support for several key features:
- Resizable BAR boosts performance on GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs by allowing the CPU to more efficiently access graphics memory.
- Dynamic Boost 2.0, which uses AI to balance power between the CPU, GPU and GPU memory on Ampere notebooks, is now optimized for creative apps.
- Support for virtualization on GeForce GPUs, allowing users on a Linux host PC to enable GPU passthrough on a virtual Windows guest OS.
The latest Studio Driver also includes improved performance and reliability in the Adobe Substance 3D apps, NVIDIA Omniverse, NVIDIA Canvas beta, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Lightroom and more.
The Latest Studio Laptops
Lenovo recently launched three new NVIDIA Studio laptops for professionals, including the new ultra-thin ThinkPad P1 Gen 4, ThinkPad P15 and ThinkPad P17 Gen 2 — all of which are powered by up to RTX A5000 or GeForce RTX 3080 GPUs.
Recently announced Studio laptops from Dell — including the XPS 15 and 17, Inspiron 15 and 16, and Vostro 15 laptops, alongside Precision 5560, 5760, 7560 and 7760 professional laptops — are now available for purchase.
Acer’s ConceptD 300 desktop PC, sporting an RTX 3070 GPU, and Concept 7 Ezel featuring a PANTONE validated 4K UHD display with multiple display modes, supporting RTX 3060, 3070 and 3080 GPUs, have also just hit stores.
New #CreateWithMarbles Contest for NVIDIA Omniverse
#CreateWithMarbles is back with the second edition of a simple contest for creators of any skill level. Participants must assemble a race track-like contraption using a collection of pre-made Marbles RTX assets using Omniverse Create. Add marbles, enable Omniverse physics and in path-traced or ray-traced mode, then light and render the scene. Creators must submit their video by July 30 for a chance to win one of three top-of-the-line RTX-enabled NVIDIA GPUs.