Yesterday was a very fruitful day for Lenovo as the PC maker announced its latest additions to its ThinkPad™ and ThinkVision™ portfolios. The first one is the redesigned and re-engineered ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4.
The device is powered by up to the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 H-Series vPro® processors and available with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ Laptop GPUs, up to 64GB DDR4 memory, and dual Solid-State Drive (SSD) support. The device also comes with edge-to-edge 16-inch display options and up to 4K along with Dolby Vision® support.
The next one is the ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 and L13 Yoga Gen 2 which will be powered by the latest AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Mobile Processors. The device is designed to focus mostly on features for productivity and security and also comes with an all-new ThinkVision M15 mobile monitor that delivers second-screen flexibility in a highly portable package.
Another new entry is the fourth generation ThinkPad X1 Extreme which is targeted for work and entertainment with up to 11th Gen Intel Core i9 H-series processors with an optional Intel vPro platform. It also comes with a hybrid cooling system that uses both traditional heat pipes as well as a large vapor chamber to keep intensive graphics running optimally.
New features include:
- New 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display surrounded by a four-sided narrow bezel design, encased in a 17.7mm chassis weighing 1.81kg (3.99 pounds)
- Display options offer up to 600 nit brightness with 4K resolution, Dolby Vision HDR for ultra-vivid image quality, and feature low blue light technology. Touch, pen, and factory color calibration capability are also optional.
- Powering stunning visuals requires high-performance mobile graphics delivered courtesy of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti, NVIDIA RTX 3060, RTX 3070, or RTX 3080 Laptop GPUs, the latter with 16GB of GDDR6 memory.
- Communicating from anywhere has never been easier or faster with Intel Wi-Fi 6E3 and optional 5G Wireless WAN providing optimum connection at home, in the office, or somewhere in between.
- X1 Extreme Gen 4 can be configured with up to 64GB DDR4 memory and two 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and a standard 90Whr (Watt-hour) battery offers up to 10.7 hours of battery life.
- The new design integrates an FHD or FHD Infrared webcam for improved video conferencing quality, and of course, includes a physical camera shutter. Entertainment and Unified Communications are further enhanced by a Dolby Atmos Speaker System which fires crystal clear sound towards the user, and far-field microphones ensure they are heard.
- Security and ease of use experience are not forgotten. The fingerprint reader is integrated into the power button for easier sign-on through Windows Hello™, a larger 115mm touchpad caters to users who prefer this control method to the legendary TrackPoint and rapid access keys allow quick answer and hang up of audio and video calls.
- Lenovo is expanding its ThinkPad L series portfolio with two new additions powered by AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors with AMD Radeon™ Graphics and PRO versions available. Boosting productivity with flexible docking options and Modern Standby, the black or silver L13 laptops include built-in ThinkShield security solutions for added peace of mind. Enterprise-level biometrics like Windows Hello facial recognition, a Match on Chip Fingerprint Reader, along with a physical webcam shutter and AMD security features, all combine for enhanced data and device protection.