The Battlefield players are now very much excited to play the new Battlefield 2042, which is set in the future as per the trailer. The most interesting update is that Battlefield 2042 is gonna feature a total of 128-players in a match and also now there will be different specialists with different equipment. Let’s check out all the information we have regarding the brand-new Battlefield 2042.
Battlefield 2042 is going to be released on 22nd October 2021. For PC, the game will be available on Steam, Epic Games Store, and Origin.
But, the PS4 and Xbox One version is not gonna support 128 players. Battlefield 2042 will also launch for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, but the crossplay support hasn’t been announced.
The gameplay trailer was unveiled at the E3 2021’s Microsoft and Bethesda showcase. You can watch the gameplay trailer here.
Few Massive Changes
- The maximum player count has now doubled to 128.
- Classes are now replaced by unique specialists.
- Some new gadgets such as, a health/revive gun, a grappling hook, a wingsuit, a movement sensor, and an auto-turret.
- Maps are now separated into sectors containing clusters of control points.
- No battle royale mode.
- No single-player campaign.
Battlefield has introduced a group of specialists, which somehow reminds Rainbow Six Siege operators. Here, everyone can use any weapons, no restriction to choose your favorite weapon but, all the specialists have their own names, different backstories, and unique gadgets and abilities. At the launch time, there will be 10 specialists available.
Till now, DICE has disclosed four specialists. Here are those:
Wikus “Casper” Van Daele
Birthplace: South Africa
Specialty: OV-P Recon Drone (what it sounds like, a remote control spotting drone)
Trait: Movement Sensor (he is alerted to people sneaking up behind him, at least if they move too fast)
Specialty: Grappling Hook (the “zip and you’re there” kind, not the swinging kind)
Trait: Nimble (he moves fast)
Specialty: S21 Syrette Pistol (heals or revives from a distance, like Doc in Rainbow Six Siege)
Trait: Combat Surgeon (revives teammates to full health, instead of partial health)
Pyotr “Boris” Guskovsky
Specialty: SG-36 Sentry Gun (like Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch’s turrets)
Trait: Sentry Operator (sentry guns are more effective when he’s nearby)
Battlefield 2042 Modes
Battlefield is not going to feature any battle royale mode in this new one and there is no plan to make one. The Battlefield 5 Firestorm mode is not gonna return, at least for now. Another sad one, no single-player campaign. You can play multiplayer-style matches against the bots and can progress that way.
The modes, Battlefield 2042 is offering are:
- All-Out Warfare: This is the traditional Conquest point capture mode and the Breakthrough attack-and-defend mode.
- Hazard Zone: This one is a squad-focused mode with “high-risk”.
- DICE LA Mode: A mode that is being set as some sort of fan service.
Vehicles and Maps
The vehicles we have seen in the trailer, all are the near-future version of tanks, helicopters, jets, and other ground vehicles – and you will be able to call them in from the sky.
Coming to the maps of this game, those looks so huge and cool. EA has explained all the maps that gonna be available at the release.
- Kaleidoscope: Set in Sogdo, South Korea. Forces here will clash to control a quantum-powered disinformation hub after an attack threatens the global network.
- Manifest: Set in Brani Island, Singapore. Players will see a strategic flashpoint emerge as global trade chokes this location which is vital for the American supply lines.
- Orbital: Set in Kourou, French Guiana. The battle here is over a rocket launch site as a controversial space launch becomes a race against time.
- Discarded: Set in Alang, India. Here you see shipbreakers facing tidal extremes as factions fight to secure rogue nuclear assets.
- Renewal: Set in the Eastern Desert, Egypt. Players will fight for a groundbreaking agriculture technology center in the Egyptian Desert.
- Hourglass: Set in Doha, Qatar. Shifting sands and a lost shipping convoy tear a city center apart.
- Breakaway: Set in Queen Maud Land, Antarctica. Struggle over oil and gas pushes soldiers to the brink as an industry clash with nature and ice gives way.
Pre-Launch and Post-Launch Plans
A technical test has been arranged for Battlefield 2042 in early July for “players identified as Battlefield veterans.” On July 22, the next big public reveal will be done during EA Play Live.
When the Hazard Zone mode will be available to play early, there will be available a Battlefield 2042 beta for those who did pre-order. Battlefield 2042 is going to be released in full on October 22.