If you are into the computer hardware, then you know Noctua is very highly reputed when it comes to making CPU coolers. So, recently, Noctua has announced its new NH-P1 CPU cooler along with an optional NF-A12x25 LS-PWM 120mm fan.
It has been custom-designed for fanless operation from the ground up, as per Noctua, the NH-P1 is capable of cooling modern high-end CPUs with low to moderate heat dissipation completely passively in enclosures with good natural convection.
However, for further performance or semi-passive setups that only spin up their fans when necessary, the NH-P1 can be outfitted with a low-speed, ultra-quiet 120mm fan such as the new NF-A12x25 LS-PWM. So, system builders have both the option to make a completely silent PC or just enhance performance using a cheap $29.90 fan.
“The NH-P1 is our very first passive cooler, and it should be easy to see that we didn’t just take a regular heatsink and omit the fan”, says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). “A lot of engineering work went into designing this unit for fanless operation from the ground up and we’re truly proud of the end result. In our completely fanless demo system, the NH-P1 cools an Intel Core i9-11900K running Prime95 at more than 3.6GHz – this is a lot of processing power and a whopping 125W kept in check with zero fan noise!”
The best part is that the heatsink you see here is not a regular one you generally see with a fan on a cheaper one, as the NH-P1 passive CPU cooler will retail for $109.90. It features much thicker, much more widely spaced fins, so it achieves both the mass and the minimal airflow resistance that is very much required to excel in natural convection cooling.
Specifications of Noctua NH-P1
- Fanless heatsink for 100% silent cooling through natural convection (see setup guidelines & list of recommended cases) or semi-passive setups with virtually inaudible NF-A12x25 LS-PWM fan (optional)
- 100% RAM compatibility on AMD AM4 and Intel LGA1200/115x, clears the top PCIe slot on most ATX and µATX motherboards
- Professional, Torx-based SecuFirm2+ mounting system for Intel LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156), LGA1200, LGA20xx (LGA2066, LGA2011-0, LGA2011-3) & AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+), FM1
- Further improved second-generation NT-H2 thermal compound for optimal overall cooling performance
- Recommended for CPUs with low to moderate heat dissipation (see CPU compatibility list), e.g. Intel 11600, 10600 or AMD Ryzen 5600X, 4750G, 4650G, 3400G, etc.
Buy from here: https://amzn.to/3cHgFEz
Specifications of Noctua NF-A12x25 LS-PWM
- Ultra low noise fan, 120x120x25mm, 12V, 4-pin PWM, max. 1200 RPM, max. 12.1 dB(A), >150,000 h MTTF
- Next-generation 120x25mm A-series design provides unprecedented quiet cooling performance, ideal for CPU coolers and water cooling radiators
- State-of-the-art engineering (AAO frame, Flow Acceleration Channels, record tight 0.5mm tip clearance) and construction (Sterrox LCP material, metal-reinforced hub, metal-bearing shell, etc.)
- Ultra-quiet 4-pin LS-PWM version, ideal for semi-passive setups (fan stops at 0% PWM) or ultra-low-noise applications that require PWM control
- Includes anti-vibration mounts, radiator gasket, fan screws, extension cable and y-cable for running two PWM fans on the same header
Buy from here: https://amzn.to/3xDsELN