Saturday, November 26, 2022
JVSpin

Copa America uncertainty after Argentina puts a halt to football

- Advertisement -

Just a few weeks before the scheduled Copa America kick-off, Argentina have put a stoppage to all footballing activities amidst the COVID-19 scare due to the second wave in the country. Previously, Colombia’s right to co-host the tournament was revoked on Thursday. Now that Argentina has been hit with Covid-19-related sanctions, the Copa America, which starts on June 13th, is in jeopardy.

Officially, it was attributed to a low likelihood of fans attending. Still, Colombia has been gripped by weeks of civil unrest, with at least 42 lives lost, and is also dealing with a second wave of the pandemic.

The Argentine Football Association has told the public that, in order to comply with President Alberto Fernandez’s health initiatives aimed at mitigating the second wave of the Covid 19 pandemic, it has agreed to suspend match programming in all local competitions it organizes until Sunday, May 30, 2021, inclusive.

1xbit

Argentina FA, in a statement, said, “This Association has been working together with the national, provincial and municipal authorities since March 20, 2020, in the development of health protocols aimed at the care of the football family and society in general, respecting each and every one of the decisions taken. by our leaders and by epidemiological experts.”

“That is why, at this time where our beloved country must make an extra effort to control this anguishing pandemic that afflicts us, the AFA and all of us who make up football will once again accompany the national authorities by suspending the programming of matches corresponding to all local competitions for a period of 9 days.”

President Alberto Fernandez had previously stated that if Colombia withdraws, his country would be completely prepared to host the games. However, Argentina had been going through their worst ever stint of dealing with the Coronavirus. As a result, the President had to declare on Thursday that Argentina would go into complete lockdown for nine days to stop the virus from spreading. The tournament was supposed to be held from June 12 to July 12, 2020, but it has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

- Advertisement -
spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles

Bitdefender WW

Stay Connected

220FansLike
122FollowersFollow
187FollowersFollow
Ajio [CPS] IN

Hot Topics

spot_img

Latest Articles

Trending

Featured

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add technosports.co.in to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

×
THREE COMPANIES OF TRILLION DOLAR CLUB BYD ATTO 3 ELECTRIC SUV OPEN FOR BOOKINGS TOP 10 MOST-WATCHED WEB SERIES FOR THE LAST WEEK TATA TIAGO NRG CNG: ALL NEW FEATURES WORLD’S TOP HIGHEST PAID FOOTBALLERS