A football player’s value depends on his current form, age and potential. The young players are valued more as they have the potential to remain on top of the football world for a long time.
Before the effect of COVID-19 on finance, we have seen a trend of rising transfer fees than the previous years. The clubs are prepared to pay more to lure the players. So, now KPMG’s Football Benchmark has studied the squad value of different football clubs and has released the top 10 most valuable football clubs in the world in 2021. Let’s have a look at it:
10. Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League) | €703.4 million
9. Juventus (Serie A) | €705.9 million
8. Real Madrid (La Liga) | €734.2 million
7. Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1) | €770.4 million
6. Bayern Munich (Bundesliga) | €858.3 million
5. Barcelona (La Liga) | €864.4 million
4. Chelsea (Premier League) | €891.2 million
3. Manchester United (Premier League) | €907 million
2. Liverpool (Premier League) | €1009.9 million
1. Manchester City (Premier League) | €1120.2 million
The financial strength of English football is apparent at the club level as well. The first four clubs by highest squad value all come from England’s Premier League. Manchester City and Liverpool are the only clubs to cross the € 1 billion mark.
They are followed by Manchester United and Chelsea. The first two clubs outside England with the highest squad value are Spain’s Barcelona and Germany’s Bayern Munich. PSG, Real Madrid, Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur make the last four.