Intel’s upcoming NUC 11 Essential Mini PC platform, codenamed Atlas Canyon, has made its appearance online in the latest leaks. Jasper Lake CPUs power the new PC, and it’s designed for a general use-case scenario in homes and businesses.
Coming to the leaked specifications, on the CPU side, we have the Pentium Silver J6005, which features 4 cores and 4 threads. The CPU also beasts the clock speeds of 2.0 GHz base & 3.3 GHz boost and 4 MB of L3 cache. It also has a 10W TDP, and on the graphics end, we have an Intel UHD GPU with 32 EUs clocked at 900 MHz.
The next model of the Mini-PC is the Celeron J5105 that has the same specifications but comes with lower clock speeds of 2.0 GHz base & 2.9 GHz boost. On the GPU, this model hosts a cut-down Gen 11 GPU with 24 EUs clocked at 800 MHz.
The last model is the Celeron J4505 which is a 2 core and 2 thread part with 4 MB L3 cache. It is a 10W TDP & its clock speeds are rated at 2.0 GHz base and 2.9 GHz boost. The CPU has a 16 EU Gen 11 GPU with clocks of 750 MHz.
Intel NUC 11 Essential ‘Atlas Canyon’ Features:
- Pentium Silver J6005 (NUC11ATKPE) up to 3.3 GHz (4C / 4T)
- Celeron J5105 (NUC11ATKC4) up to 2.9 GHz (4C / 4T)
- Celeron J4505 (NUC11ATKC2) up 2.7 GHz (2C / 2T)
- Dual-channel DDR4-2933 SODIMMs, 16GB max
- 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x DisplayPort 1.4 (HDCP 2.2 support)
- Supports 2 x 4K displays
- M.2 22×80 key M slots for PCIe x4 NVMe and SATA SSDs
- Select SKUs with 64GB eMMC Storage
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX101 m.2 card + Bluetooth v5.2
- 2x front USB 3.1, 2x rear USB 3.1, and 2x rear USB 2.0
- Up to 7.1 multi-channel digital audio via HDMI
- 3.5mm front stereo jack / 3.5mm mic
- 19VDC 65W power supply
- External 9-pin front panel header
- Microsoft Windows 10 / Linux compatible
- Three Year Product Life Cycle
- Three-Year Warranty
- 135 x 115 x 36 mm
The Mini also has a plethora of ports including:
- 1 HDMI 2.0b
- 1 DP 1.4 (HDCP 2.2 compliant)
- 1 GbE Ethernet LAN port
- 4 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 7.1 channel HD audio hack
- 3.5mm stereo and microphone jacks
- an external 9-pin fan header.
The Mini PC also supports WiFi 6 AX101 + Bluetooth v5.2 and is powered by a 19V DC 65W power supply with geo-specific C5 AC cords. According to sources, the Atlas Canyon NUC 11 Essential is expected to launch in Q1 2022.