On the evening of the last Sunday, 25th April, the 2021 Oscars event took place in Los Angeles. It was an in-person event such as attendance would not be as high as normal. In this event, famous Oscars gift bags also had been given. Every year all the entertainment company Distinctive Assets provides a gift bag to the 25 acting and directing nominees.
Items and Services provided in the Oscars gift bags
1. It is believed that the package of perks is worth around 200,000 dollars in total. It is a combination of objects and experiences. Based on the actual items, the bag has contained objects like skincare products, vegan bubble baths, or a bottle of vodka in a box nicely decorated with 23-carat edible gold flakes.
2. It is not the end, it also includes a four-night stay in Golden Door spa which is one of the best spa destinations in the world.
3. It also provides an offer of a three-night stay in a lighthouse on a Swedish Island.
4. All the nominees have been provided 10 gym sessions with a personal trainer to the stars, Alexis Seletzky.
5. They have got a chance to get cosmetic surgery from a top class-leading surgeon and also they have got investment advice from a principal financial big-wig.
6. It is included with the Don’t Cookbook by Postmates. It is basically a cookbook without any recipes but instead, it has QR codes to get the most desired items from local restaurants that are available through its food delivery app.
7. Last year the gift bag was included with a cruise to Antarctica, a stay in Italy, and also vacation in Kauai.
For experiences, there is an opportunity for consultations with cosmetic surgeon Dr. Thomas Su, have sessions with the personal trainer Alexis Seletzky with holiday escapes.
Receivers of these Goodie Bags
We have seen that the bags were offered to the Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Director categories.
We can say that this year all of these are for Riz Ahmed, Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman, Steven Yeun, Viola Davis, Andra Day, Vanessa Kirby, Frances McDormand, Carey Mulligan, Sacha Baron Cohen, Daniel Kaluuya, Leslie Odom Jr, Paul Raci, Lakeith Stanfield, Maria Bakalova, Glenn Close, Olivia Colman, Amanda Seyfried, Yuh Jung Youn, Thomas Vinterberg, Chloe Zao, David Fincher, Lee Isaac Chung, and Emerald Fennell.
It is also informed that not all the actors and actresses want these gift bags as they are considered income and also therefore subject to tax.
Reasons behind Oscars Gift Bags
When many of them might watch these Oscars gift bags as excessive, then the founder of Distinctive Assets, Lash Fary completely disagrees with it. He said that anyone who was scoffed should sign up for a marketing class. He also said that Celebrities were the best brand ambassadors in the entire world, so this was a win-win for everyone.