IPL is arguably one of the most entertaining tournaments in the world. Records break and made every passing week. Here are the top 5 most expensive overs in IPL history:
1. Ravindra Jadeja against Harshal Patel [37 runs, 2021]
RCB seamer Harshal Patel is in the Purple Cap race this season. But yesterday, he bowled the most expensive over in the history of IPL. CSK all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja smashed 37 runs off his final over. It is the joint-most expensive overs ever in IPL.
1. Chris Gayle against Prasant Parameswaran [37 runs, 2011]
In 2011 Prasant Parameswaran conceded the most runs in an over against Chris Gayle. Prasant conceded 37 runs in just one over just like Harshal Patel did yesterday.
2. Suresh Raina against Parvinder Awana [33 runs, 2014]
Suresh Raina smashed 33 runs in an over against Parvinder Awana in 2014. It was the second highest expensive over in the IPL history.
3. Chris Gayle against Ravi Bopara [33 runs, 2010]
Chris Gayle again on the list. He smashed 33 runs in an over against Ravi Bopara in 2010 which is the third most expensive over in the IPL history.
4. Chris Gayle against Rahul Sharma [31 runs, 2012]
Chris Gayle made another record in 2012. He scored 31 runs in an over against Rahul Sharma which is the fourth most expensive over in the IPL history.
5. Virender Sehwag against Andrew Symonds [30 Runs, 2008]
Virender Sehwag did this in 2008, in the inaugural season of IPL. Sehwag smashed Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds 30 in an over.