Chinese multinational technology company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., will soon launch the stable version of its HarmonyOS for smartphones. According to a recent report, the HarmonyOS Beta 3.0 (only the closed beta) is now available for download. Thus, access to this version will only be provided to developers that have testing qualifications. The previous version, HarmonyOS 2.0, will now be pushed for smartphones.
This update, as of now, does not seem to bring in any new features, however, it comes with some upgrades. The Huawei HarmonyOS API is optimized and the system capabilities are enhanced to support more scene development.
Details of the update as provided by Giz China:
- More than 1,000 HarmonyOS APIs are added
- FA free installation feature is added, FA services that support free installation properties can be used without installation
- Brings a new update that enhances feature circulation that helps in the easy transfer of contents on mobile phones and tablets to large screens, watches, and other terminal devices through distributed capabilities
- Better memory management mechanism
- New animation platform development curve
- Add JAVA control to adjust font/weight interface
- Adds support for connection management of watch, tablet, and other device types based on the proxy Internet access of other devices
- Distributed networking API added
- Newly added drive failure diagnosis and recovery mechanism
According to Yu Chengdong, a Huawei executive, the Guangdong-based manufacturer’s flagship mobile phone will begin to upgrade the HarmonyOS system in April. The speculations so far claim that this rollout may start on April 24.
HUAWEI P50 SERIES TO ARRIVE WITH HARMONYOS ON APRIL 27TH
According to a recent report, Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) will be held from April 24 to 26 where more details on the HarmonyOS will be revealed. However, no official information has been provided on the details of the event.
A blogger on Weibo, a Chinese microblogging website, claims that the Huawei P50 series will launch HarmonyOS. The Weibo post comes with the tag “artistic deconstruction”. This somewhat implies a second release for this system while the Huawei P50 series is slated to arrive on April 27th according to some reports. The Huawei P50 series will have three smartphones including Huawei P50, P50 Pro, and P50 Pro+ and distinct variations of the Kirin 9000 chips will be present.