Amad Diallo has finished in the top 20 of the 2021 NXGN list of the best young footballers in the world. The Manchester United winger came in number 19th of the 50-man shortlist. The NXGN list is compiled by Goal journalists in 44 different countries with players needing to be born on or after 1 January 2002 in order to qualify, and there are separate men’s and women’s awards.
1. Ansu Fati (Barcelona)
2. Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes)
3. Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
4. Pedri (Barcelona)
5. Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
6. Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)
7. Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
8. Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
9. Mo Ihattaren (PSV Eindhoven)
10. Reinier (Real Madrid, on loan at Borussia Dortmund)
11. Rayan Cherki (Lyon)
12. Gabriel Veron (Palmeiras)
13. Yunus Musah (Valencia)
14. Jeremy Doku (Rennes)
15. Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
16. Tanguy Nianzou (Bayern Munich)
17. Fabio Silva (Wolves)
18. Kaio Jorge (Santos)
19. AMAD (UNITED)
20. Josko Gvardiol (Dinamo Zagreb)
Amad Diallo joined Manchester United during the winter transfer window, after a deal was agreed between Atalanta and Manchester United during the summer of 2020. The player scored his first goal in the first leg of United’s clash against AC Milan in the Europa League, scoring for the Red Devils with a no-look header to beat Gigio Donnarumma, who is one of the best keepers in Serie A.
Diallo has received a lot of praise regarding his talents, and is poised to develop into one of the best talents in the league in the years to come.