Sky and BBC get the broadcasting rights of Women’s Super League

- Advertisement - Kinguin WW

Sky Sports and BBC signed a new deal with FA to get the broadcasting rights of Women’s Super League. The FA has confirmed the signing of the new deal.

The two parties have signed a 3 years deal which will be applicable from 2021-22 season. It is expected to be worth £8m per season – the biggest broadcast deal of any professional women’s football league in the world.

The deals are:

  1. 22 live matches on BBC TV. The matches will be telecasted on BBC One and BBC Two.
  2. Sky Sports will telecast up to 44 live matches .
  3. Broadcaster will have the rights of online coverage, in-play clips and highlights.
  4. 75% of the total revenue will go to WSL clubs and the remaining 25% to the Women’s Championship.
- Advertisement - NameCheap [CPS] WW

 Kelly Simmons, the FA’s director of the women’s professional game said, “It is a landmark moment for the women’s game and a massive breakthrough for women’s sport and women’s football.”

“There’s no doubt that, when you look at football and professional sports, the media rights is the fundamental driver behind the revenue growth. So this is a huge step forward in that sense.”- he added.

It is a historic deal made by FA. According to the officials  the Women’s Super League will now be the most watched women’s sport league in the world.

- Advertisement - Wondershare WW
Lenovo India [CPS] IN
Redwolf [CPS] IN
Rishab Chakladar
An ordinary person with some extraordinary ambition! Dream big with a 'Never Give Up' attitude. Music, Sports, and Gaming in life♥️

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles

Domino's [CPS] IN

More To Consider

NordVPN WW

Stay Connected

13,642FansLike
62FollowersFollow
110FollowersFollow
Boat Lifestyle [CPS] IN

Hot Topics

Oppo India [CPS] IN

Latest Articles

Harman Audio [CPS] IN

Trending

Parallels WW

Featured

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add yourdomain.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

×