Crysis has been revamped and relaunched as the Crysis Remastered for quite some time now, however, the new PC Update 2.1 brings significant changes and improvements to the game.
The biggest addition to the game has to be the new NVIDIA DLSS support which can heavily impact the game’s performance on NVIDIA’s RTX 20 and 30-series GPUs.
Crytek’s CryEngine is one of the most advanced game engines ever developed that provide stunning visuals at the cost of GPU horsepower, however, with the introduction of NVIDIA DLSS. At least GeForce gamers can get free performance enhancements, but up to how much is still unknown as we have got no confirmation from NVIDIA on this.
Here’s the update log posted on Reddit:
- DLSS by Nvidia has now been added to Crysis Remastered.
- Improvements made to the tutorial descriptions in all languages. Many placeholders and incorrect prompts have been corrected.
- Fixed an issue that caused the rocket tutorial prompt to not be correctly displayed in Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera shake to be too intense while using the mounted MG with armor mode enabled.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the alien AI from exploding which prevented mission progress on Exodus, Fleet and Paradise Lost.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Armor mode being active at the beginning of a mission.
- Fixed the missing audio tied to the SCAR in the intro cutscene on Ascension.
- Fixed a CRYENGINE crash that could occur on Exodus – Sphere.
- Fixed the translations of the Classic Nanosuit mode control tutorial in all languages (previously only shown in English).
- Fixed an issue that caused the controller tutorial prompts to display mouse and keyboard instead throughout the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Reckoning – Fleet.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the FPS counter showing the incorrect information.
- Fixed several bugs that caused the incorrect information to be displayed in the tutorial prompts for the controller.
- Fixed several tutorial descriptions that would appear in the wrong languages when using the Traditional Chinese language settings.
- Fixed a missing tutorial prompt from the VTOL rockets in the Traditional Chinese language on Ascension.
- Fixed a placeholder from the “fire minigun” tutorial prompt on Ascension when using mouse & keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the English translations appearing for the Classic Nanosuit controls tutorial when using other languages.
- Fixed some Italian localisation issues (removed placeholders and added correct text).
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholders to appear in the HUD when the Japanese language was selected.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when trying to ADS on any mounted machine gun while using a controller. Previously this would incorrectly activate the cloak instead of aiming down sights.
- Fixed an issue with the animations for some CEPH scouts.
- Fixed several placeholders that appear in the Classic Nanosuit menu.
- Fixed some shadows that would disappear depending on the camera angle on Contact – Island.
- Fixed some disappearing prompts from the Classic Nanosuit wheel.
- Some distant textures can appear to be blurred textures when DLSS is switched enabled.
- In some cases, you may encounter motion blur issues on some systems. Deactivating motion blur will resolve this matter.
- The windows for civilian trucks may have yellow windows when Raytracing is set to “Very High” or “Can it Run Crysis”.
- Anti-Aliasing is disabled with DLSS by design. However, the menu will still show that it is set to active when DLSS is enabled.