HP is crazy about the newly announced AMD’s latest Ryzen 5000 APU so much that it is upgrading its laptops one after the other to the latest SKU. The company at yesterday’s CES event announced that it going to upgrade its EliteBook G8 with the AMD Ryzen Pro 5000 APU along with the integrated Radeon graphics card.
The business modeled EliteBook G8 series, powered by an AMD Ryzen processor is enough to provide a balance between processing power, lightweight design, and security features.
The features of the laptop include:
- 13-inch with three FHD screen options.
- a 1000 nits panel with SureView Reflects privacy feature
- a 400 nits low-power panel and 250 nits panel.
- up to 64 GB of RAM
- up to 2 TB of NVMe SSD storage.
- 0.7-inch profile and 2.8 lbs in total weight.
The 14-inch EliteBook 845 G8 model comes with a 0.7-inch profile and 3.1 lbs weight. For the 13-inch model, the specs are slightly larger but it comes with 250 nit’s touchscreen option, Bang & Olufsen, audio system, three multi-array mics, spill-resistant premium keyboard, and a DisplayPort video out.
- 2x USB-C + 2x USB-A connectors
- an HDMI 2.0b video output
- combo audio jack
- fingerprint sensor
- HD IR cam
- optional SmartCard reader and SIM slot.
Unfortunately, HP does not mention the exact processor specs. Availability and pricing will be disclosed at a later date.