We’ve separated the instructions part of deleting the WhatsApp account in different operating systems, such as Android, iOS, and KaiOS. So, let’s dig into it:
Delete Your WhatsApp Account on Android Devices
1. First of all, open your WhatsApp and make a single tap on the vertical three dots icon present in the top right corner. Next, you’ll find a dropdown menu from it, and from that menu, click the Settings option.
2. Now, you are on the settings page. To proceed, tap on Account. On this account page, you can find various types of privacy and security options. Among those, choose the very-last option, which is ‘Delete my account’, and make a single tap on it to proceed further.
3. After clicking on the ‘Delete my account’, WhatsApp will ask you to confirm your phone number by which you have created and used your account. After that, just press the ‘Delete my account’ button.
4. The process is almost done. After clicking on ‘Delete my account’, WhatsApp will ask the reason why are you deleting your account. There will be a list of predefined reasons. You can choose any one of them or else, you can choose the ‘Other’ option. Now, after adding your reason, just press Delete my account twice. Now, it’s all done as your WhatsApp account will get deleted and you can uninstall it safely from your device.
Delete Your WhatsApp Account on iOS Devices
1. Open WhatsApp from your iPhone and click on the Settings option at the bottom navigation bar. After clicking on it, make a single tap on Account. It will get you to your account’s settings page in which you will find different options. Among them, choose the last one, ‘Delete my Account’.
2. After clicking on Delete my account, you need to enter your phone number by which you have created and used your account. After that, just press the ‘Delete my account’ button. Now, it’s all done as your WhatsApp account will get deleted and you can uninstall it safely from your device.
Delete Your WhatsApp Account on KaiOS Devices
1. If you’re a JioPhone user (or any other phone running KaiOS), then this process is for you. Open your WhatsApp and click on the Options button on the right side. From this page, go to Settings, then Account, and finally, delete my account.
2. Now, WhatsApp will ask you to confirm your phone number by which you have created and used your account. Next, press Delete twice.
After confirming your phone number, press Delete-> Delete. WhatsApp will now remove your account on request. Now, your WhatsApp account will get deleted and you can uninstall it safely from your device.