Nowadays, the demand for Android TV is the highest, because users can use these TV sets for various purposes, including playing games, showing presentations, watching Netflix, and various Apps. But Android TV has an inbuilt screen saver feature, you can’t use your own picture as a screensaver. Also, you neither can change the aspect ratio nor the transitions effect of the TV.
But you can change the Screensaver of your Android TV in your own image. I’ll share some steps that will help you to use your customize photos as the screensaver. The best part is there is also an option to bring back Google Photos as your screensaver. So, let’s go through the steps.
Steps to set the customized picture as the Screensaver of your Android TV
- Firstly, open the Play Store of your Android TV, and search for ‘Screensaver’. Then it will show an App option for ‘Photo Gallery and Screensaver’, click on that option, and install this app for free.
- Once you install this app, then open it and go to the ‘Settings’ of this app.
- Then you can see that a new window will open with several options. Choose the ‘Photo Sources’ option (first option).
- After choosing the ‘Photo Sources’ we can see a brunch of options is given for the screensaver. Now, if you want to use your customized image, then scroll down and click on the ‘Local’ option. But in case you want to use your Google Photos, then you can choose the Google Photos option.
- Then you have to click on ‘Add Local Directory’. Then you can see a pop-up that is asking for permission to access photos on your device, ‘Allow’ if to access the local storage.
- The you can see a option ‘Internal Shared Storage’, click on this option.
- After that, you have to click on ‘Choose Current Dictionary’ at the top. Now you have finally added Android TV’s entire local storage to the App.
- Now back to ‘Settings’ option, and click on ‘Set your Screensaver’ option.
- Then open ‘Screensaver’ then choose ‘Photo Gallery and Screensaver’.
- After this, you have to click the ‘Default Your Settings’ option under the ‘Start Screensaver’ section. By choosing this option you can test the custom screensaver.
- Now your customized image will be live as the Screensaver on your Android TV. Now onwards the app will start the custom screensavers on your Android TV based on the inactivity time you have set.
- In case if the app is not showing your photos, then click on the ‘Sync Now’ option to rescan all the images from your local dictionary.
So, as you can see that, Android TV doesn’t allow to upload your local image, that’s why you need to use a third-party app. Now follow these steps and try to set your own image as your Android TV Screensaver.