Intel launched its 10th gen processors in the 2nd quarter of 2020. It has been almost 6-9 months since its launch, I know it’s quite late, but fortunately, I have got my hands on the 10th gen Intel core i7-10700K recently. The average price for which it is being sold in India is around Rs 30,000.
- Product Collection: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors
- Code Name: Products formerly Comet Lake
- Vertical Segment: Desktop
- Processor Number: i7-10700K
- Launch Date: Q2’20
- Lithography: 14 nm
- No of Cores: 8
- No of Threads: 16
- Processor Base Frequency: 3.80 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 5.10 GHz
- Cache: 16 MB Intel® Smart Cache
- Bus Speed: 8 GT/s
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency: 5.10 GHz
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency: 5.00 GHz
- TDP: 125 W
- Configurable TDP-down Frequency: 3.50 GHz
- Configurable TDP-down: 95 W
- Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type): 128 GB
- Memory Types: DDR4-2933
- Max no of Memory Channels: 2
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 45.8 GB/s
- ECC Memory Supported: No
- Processor Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
- Graphics Base Frequency: 350 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency: 1.20 GHz
- Graphics Video Max Memory: 64 GB
- 4K Support: Yes, at 60Hz
- Max Resolution (HDMI): 4096 x [email protected]
- Max Resolution (DP): 4096 x [email protected]
- Max Resolution (eDP – Integrated Flat Panel): 4096 x [email protected]
- DirectX Support: 12
- OpenGL Support: 4.5
- Intel® Quick Sync Video: Yes
- Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology: Yes
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology: Yes
- Intel® Clear Video Technology: Yes
- No of Displays Supported: 3
- Device ID: 0x9BC5
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490m
- CPU: Intel Core i7-10700k
- RAM: 16GB 3000MHz
- SSD: 240GB WD Sn550
- Power Supply: Cooler Master 750W
- GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC 8G (reviewed separately here)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master H410R
- Monitor: LG 27″ 4k gaming monitor – 27UL650
- Cabinet: MSI Mag Vampiric 100R
So, now lets dive into the real life performance of the core i7-10700K. To start off, for everyday work it performs just as smooth as butter. You won’t notice any lags, thanks to the 8 cores and 16 threads of the processor which can handle almost every task you throw at it with ease.
For, everyday normal work the CPU utilization is around 15%, so you can guess how much work it can handle altogether. I wanted to see the CPU utilization at max so I started the CPU-Z benchmark and looked up at the Task Manager. You can find below that the CPU reached 100% with the clock speed going up to 4.66 GHz when the benchmark process was running.
So finally, we’re here. The most important part for getting a detailed view about the CPU. We have taken the scores from almost all the leading performance benchmarks and the results are as below.
The core i7-10700k scores an impressive 1339 in single score and 6679 in multi core performance. The single core performance has increased a little bit from its predecessor i7-9700k but the same cannot be said about the multi core score.
The Cinebench R15 score of 2029 is also very good!
The 10th gen Intel core i7-10700k scores 4893 in Cinebench R20. It beats AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT according to this database.
It scores an impressive 1306 pts in single core and an even more impressive score of 12569 in multi core with an MP Ratio of 9.62x. This beats Intel core i9-9880H CPU.
We also performed benchmark test by UserBenchmark and the results are quite astounding. The CPU got the benchmark of 103% which is outstanding.
Fire Strike Ultra
In 3D Mark Fire Strike Ultra, we got a score of 7335 with a graphics score of 7176 and whopping physics score of 24501, which means this CPU can handle almost all the games and is one of the best gaming CPUs in this range.
You can see the comparison of scores between the core i7-10700K and the Ryzen 7 2700X.
PC Mark 10
The PC Mark 10 score of 7066 clearly shows how productive you can be with this processor paired with a NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060ti. It has a great digital content creating score of 10,283.
Here you can find the SiSoftware Sandra score compared with 4 other CPUs. The Intel core i7-10700K does quite well in the test.
Why does it make sense to buy the Intel Core i7-10700K now?
The 10th gen Intel Core i7-10700K is one of the best gaming CPUs, which can also handle all your everyday tasks with ease. As the next-gen Rocket Lake CPUs are coming from Intel, their performance improvement is around 5-10%, so getting a low price 10th Gen CPU makes a lot more sense. You can easily get your hands on one of them from Amazon at around Rs.33k and Rs.31k in offline stores.
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2WkukJh
Soon, we will be bringing gaming benchmarks paired with latest RTX 30-series GPUs, so stay tuned…😁