Intel’s upcoming flagship desktop CPU, the Rocket Lake-S, the Core i9-11900K, has been spotted at the Ashes of The Singularity benchmark. According to sources, the Intel Core i9-11900K will be feature 8 cores and 16 threads. It also features a 3.50 GHz base clock, which is higher than the earlier reported rumors. Along with 8 cores and 16 threads, the chip also features 16 MB of L3 cache.
We can’t say for sure if these are early ES variants of the same chip or different chips altogether since the Core i9 and Core i7 SKUs are expected to be practically identical, with the main difference being the clock speeds. The earlier 3.4 GHz SKU could be a Core i7-11700K model, while the Core i9 model features a higher base clock of 3.5 GHz. The boost clock for the previous model was set to 5 GHz, so we can expect the 3.5 GHz to support a higher boost clock.
For now, it is unknown whether the processor had a functioning turbo boost technology during the benchmark. However, during the game testing, the Intel Core i9-11900K Rocket Lake flagship CPU scored 62.7 FPS at 1440p and 64.7 FPS at 1080p. AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X had scored 71.9 FPS at 1080p with the same Crazy preset. It means that the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X is around 10% faster than the Core i9-11900K in the Ashes of Singularity benchmark.
Main features of Intel’s Rocket Lake Desktop CPUs include:
- Increased Performance with new Cypress Cove core architecture
- Up to 8 cores and 16 threads (Double Digit IPC Gains Over Skylake)
- New Xe graphics architecture (Up To 50% higher Performance Than Gen9)
- Increased DDR4 3200 MHz Memory Support
- CPU PCIe 4.0 Lanes (Available on Z490 & Z590 Motherboards)
- Enhanced Display (Integrated HDMI 2.0b, DP1.4a, HBR3)
- Added x4 CPU PCIe Lanes = 20 Total CPU PCIe 4.0 Lanes
- Enhanced Media (12 bit AV1/HVEC, E2E compression)
- CPU Attached Storage or Intel Optane Memory
- New Overclocking Features and Capabilities
- USB Audio offload
- Integrated CNVi & Wireless-AX
- Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20G)
- 2.5Gb Ethernet Discrete LAN
- Discrete Intel Thunderbolt 4 (USB4 Compliant)