After launching the first model of Librem Mini, Purism is going to launch a new version of this series. The new Librem Mini v2 features a powerful 10th generation Intel Core i7 Comet Lake processor with a price tag of $699.
Librem Mini v1 has a Core i7-8565U processor and now the company said that the new version comes with an up-gradation and it will feature a Core i7-10510U processor, which will boost a 6% performance than the previous Librem Mini. The v2 contains a 15W chip of Intel’s Comet Lake-U.
Librem Mini v2 specifications:
- Processor – Intel Core i7-10510U quad-core/octa-thread Comet Lake processor @ 1.8 GHz / 4.9 GHz (Turbo) with 8MB cache, Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- System storage – 1x SATA III 6Gbps SSD/HDD (7mm thickness), 1x M.2 SSD (SATA III/NVMe x4)
- System Memory– 2x SO-DIMM slot, up to 64GB DDR4-2400 RAM
- Video Output– 1x HDMI 2.0 of 4K @ 60Hz
- Audio I/O – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C port, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Supply– DC-IN Jack
- Weight – 1 kg
- Dimensions – 12.8 x 12.8 x 3.8 cm
If you compare the specification you will notice, the processor has only been upgraded. Librem decided to use Comet Lake processors rather than Whiskey Lake processors, which was used in the first Librem Mini. The new version 2 comes with a PureOS Linux distribution.
The company has opened the door for its product and you can have a Librem Mini v2 for US$699 with a 250GB SSD and with 8GB RAM. The mini PC is customizable, so later you can upgrade your RAM and storage.
Do check out: