IPL 2020 has been filled with uncertainties. Nail-bitting thrillers, super overs, injuries, controversies, records, etc., you name it! It has been everything the fans needed during these tough times caused by the pandemic.
We’re at the business end of the tournament, and it still isn’t clear as to which team will occupy that number 4 position of the points table. Top teams like Delhi Capitals and Royal Challengers Bangalore seem to be struggling. On the other hand, teams like Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad who were struggling before suddenly have a decent chance.
Today we list the probable orange cap and purple cap holders by the end of the tournament.
Probable orange cap holders at the end of the tournament!
1) KL RAHUL – The fact that KL Rahul still might be the leading run-scorer of the tournament despite his team not being in the playoffs is fascinating. KXIP won’t play those extra 1-3 matches of the playoffs, therefore, Rahul being at the top goes to show how phenomenal he has been throughout the tournament.
Rahul has scored a whopping 670 runs with an average of 55.83 which includes 5 fifties and a century.
2) DEVDUTT PADIKKAL – Padikkal is at the 8th position in the list of the highest run-scorers of the IPL 2020. However, the teams of some batsmen above him would probably be eliminated. Therefore, Padikkal can jump up the list. He has scored 422 runs with an average of 32.46 including four fifties.
3) DAVID WARNER – Sunrisers probably have the strongest chance of making the playoffs as their net run rate is positive. Warner, therefore, can continue to be on the list of potential purple cap holders. He has scored 444 runs with an average of 37 including 3 fifties.
4) VIRAT KOHLI – Kohli has been going through another rough patch. However, we know for the calibre of player he is, he can always score big consistently. He has scored 431 runs with an average of 47.88 including 3 fifties.
5) SHIKHAR DHAWAN – Dhawan started the tournament poorly but then made the record of being the only batsman to score two-consecutive IPL centuries. He also made two fifties before that. However, has been struggling in three games ever since. But again, you never know when he might explode. He has scored 471 runs with an average of 47.10 with two centuries and two fifties.
Probable purple cap holders at the end of the tournament!
1) JASPRIT BUMRAH – Bumrah has gained form at the best time of the tournament. He has taken 23 wickets so far.
2) TRENT BOULT – Boult has used all of his experience on those tricky UAE pitches. He has taken 20 wickets so far.
3) KAGISO RABADA – Rabada has lost some form but he can always be dangerous. He has taken 23 wickets so far.
4) JOFRA ARCHER – Archer has consistently been among the wickets. He has taken 20 wickets so far.
5) YUZVENDRA CHAHAL – Chahal has shined on pitches were mostly fast bowlers had assistance. He has taken 20 wickets so far.
Do check out: