One thing about Microsoft is that it never fails to release timely updates for its Windows 10 OS. With the latest upgrade released just in April, we are looking at the new update launched by the Redmond-based software giant.
Windows 10 patch updates for October are now going live. The company has just released this new patch updates for all the supported versions of the Operating System. This includes the latest Windows 10 version 2004, aka May 2020 update, as well.
The new build released by Microsoft is dubbed as Build 19041.572 (KB4579311), and this new patch brings several fixes and improvements to the new Windows 10 2004 may update. The list of bug fixes and improvements includes:
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
There have been many security bugs in the May update of windows 10.
Microsoft seems to have addressed those bugs with its latest security update, in order to fix the vulnerabilities. The improvements which the company offered with its latest patch include:
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\systm32. This issue occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- Addresses an issue with creating null ports using the user interface.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Kernel.
The new Windows 10 2004 build number 19041.572 (KB4579311) is available in the windows update menu. Also, in WSUS, and can also be updated manually through Microsoft Update Catalog.
The new Update has already hit our PCs, and users can update it to fix the various bugs and security vulnerabilities that we all face with the may 2020 update.
Do check out: