Chromebooks have always been boring and meant for education only; however, in 2020, this norm has changed a lot. More and more OEMs are putting effort to make Chromebooks business ready and usable for professional purposes as well.
The Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Enterprise is a similar approach by the Chinese OEM, who looks to makes this Chromebook the first one to offer a “pointing stick” cursor. One of the major selling points of Lenovo’s ThinkPad series is the pointing stick which is a small joystick in red colour (for Lenovo), with which you can move your mouse speedily to use the cursor.
Google has now allowed OEMs to use this feature and thus the Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook Enterprise edition does have so for business users. I do not know how many opt for a Chromebook for professional work, however, with faster processors and good specs, a lot of people do like them as they do not cost much.
AMD’s latest Ryzen 3000C series processors help to deliver great performance for everyday use and so it will be powering the new ThinkPad C13 Yoga Enterprise laptop.
- Up to AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700C Series mobile processors
- Chrome OS (with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade)
- 13.3-inch FHD IPS or touch displays with narrow bezels
- Less than 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) and 15.5mm thin
- Webcam with privacy shutter and optional touch fingerprint reader
- Optional world-facing camera for easy on-the-go snapshots
- Optional garaged pen
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports with an HDMI 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi 6 Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 5.0
If you do not need a TrackPoint pointing stick, Lenovo does provide a normal version of the ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook Enterprise. So, the entire range of the new Chromebooks will be available to buy “shortly,” at a modest starting price of $579.
Do check out: