So, it’s our duty to cross-check all the features just for you, so that before purchase you can get a clear idea of whether this product is exactly what you are expecting or not. Aiming this, we ordered the boAt Rockerz 335 and now, delivering you the result as per my opinion.
Before diving into the review part, have a look at the basic information of this Rockerz 335. This list includes the specifications, variants, and pricing.
- Specs –
- 10mm Dynamic audio driver
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Qualcomm aptX Classic and aptX HD decoder
- Qualcomm cVc noise cancellation
- Dual Pairing
- IPX5 waterproofing
- ASAP Charging technology (10 minutes charge = 10h playtime)
- Up to 30h battery life
- Type-C charging port
- 10m connectivity range
- Voice Assistant support
- Raging Red
- Ocean Blue (Review)
- Blazing Yellow
- Navy Blue
In the Box :-
- boAt Rockerz 335 main unit
- Type-C charging cable
- Two pair of earmuffs (S, L)
- Warranty Card
Design & Comfort :-
The control board of Rockerz 335 is made up of metal and for the rest of the part, the company uses high-grade silicone which is very soft and flexible. Due to the silicone material, you can rest this on your neck for a long time or carry anywhere, though the 30g weight is also a factor.
All the buttons, charging port, and a LED indicator are placed on the right end of the neckband. You can notice boAt branding on the power button, left end of the band along with on both the earbuds.
I forgot to mention, the earbuds are magnetic to provide a tangle-free experience and comes with silicone made ear locks that ensure the secure fit. Do note, these locks play a vital role for your comfort, if you just put the buds in your ears may feel pain after some time. You need to rotate the buds slightly outwards after wearing them. It’s my personal experience.
Overall the built quality is good enough at this price range with the additional benefit of IPX5 waterproofing. In the case of comfort, just keep in mind about the ear-lock, you will get a great experience.
Connectivity & Usage :-
To manage your calls, tracking the power button and a volume control button is placed on the right end of the neckband along with a LED indicator. The connectivity section is handled by Bluetooth 5.0 and the pairing process is the same as other wireless audio devices. Officially the operating range is 10m, in practical usage, the bond remains for up to 6 to 7 feet only.
Here are the usage guidelines –
- Press the power button once
- Play or pause track
- Receive or cut the call
- Press the power button for 2 seconds
- Reject call
- Wake up the voice assistant
- Press the power button for 3 seconds
- Power on
- Press the power button for 5 seconds
- Power off
- Press the volume + button
- Increase volume
- Press the volume – button
- Decrease volume
- Long press the volume + button
- Next track
- Long press the volume – button
- Previous track
- Press both + & – together for 5 seconds
- Reset the Rockerz 335
If you are wondering how to enjoy the dual pairing, here are all the steps –
- Pair the Rockerz 335 with the two devices individually, one after another
- Turn off the Bluetooth of any one of your devices and connect the neckband with the other one
- Turn the Bluetooth on of the second device
- If the 335 automatically gets paired with the second device then well & good. Otherwise, do it manually
Keep in mind that during the dual paired condition you cannnot manage the volume through the neckband, though can manage tracks and obviously calls.
Now coming to the drawbacks of this part –
- The most annoying thing I faced is the placement of the volume adjustment bar, it is placed in reverse order with comparison with other neckbands. That means you need to press the upper part to reduce the volume and the lower part to increase.
- Secondly, the response time of the power button is slow, for example, if I press the button to pause the current track it will reflect around one or two seconds later.
- I noticed latency while watching videos or gaming, the time is less than a second. For regular users or common people, it’s negligible. But think once before professional use.
Audio Quality :-
boAt tried not to compromise for audio quality. So, it added Qualcomm aptX Classic and aptX HD decoder along with the Qualcomm cVc noise cancellation technology. On top 10mm dynamic audio drivers are also there in both the earbuds. As a result, it provides a beautiful audio experience. The audio is very loud and the bass is very soft, neither too much nor less.
During the calls both the input and output quality are good. That means the microphone is also working well. The noise cancellation technology handles the low and medium frequency noises pretty well but struggles with heavy noises. It’s completely understandable under Rs.2,000.
Overall, a green signal for me in the case of audio quality.
Battery life :-
The battery life is one of the main attractions of boAt Rockerz 335. It carries a 150mAh battery inside having the support of ASAP Charging technology. The company claims 10 minutes of charge can provide 10 hours of backup, takes 40 minutes to get fully charged, and most importantly lasts for up to 30 hours. Well, all are on paper.
I received the unit with 100% charge and it takes around 17 hours to discharge fully instead of 30 hours. I kept the volume at 50% maximum time. For 10 minutes of charge through the USB-C port, the battery level goes up from 0% to 80%, and the rest 20% fills in the next 20 minutes. Means, it takes 30 minutes to get charged fully. The LED indicator turns blue once the charge level touches the 100% bar.
Conclusion, both battery life and charging are very good in the practical field.
Pros & Cons :-
- Comfortable to use
- Secure fit
- Good audio quality
- Dual pairing support
- Long battery life
- ASAP Charging technology
- IPX5 waterproofing
- Latency issue
- Volume bar placement
Now time to sum up all the design, connectivity, audio, and battery portion of the device. boAt, this time too, provides us a great experience at an aggressive price. Paying just Rs.1,999 you will get a beautiful audio quality, huge battery life, premium-like built quality, and also benefits like dual pairing support, ASAP Charging technology, and waterproofing.
I totally agree the latency issue is annoying for professionals and the volume bar placement is a subject to adopt. If you are a casual user and want a value for money neckband boAt Rockerz 335 can be the best option for you. The buy links are given below for your quick reach.
Ocean Blue: https://amzn.to/2ZND9gL
Raging Red: https://amzn.to/33Ehwk5
Blazing Yellow: https://amzn.to/2ZMPphP
Do Check Out 👇🏼