Yesterday, Microsoft officially launched xCloud Service, now this will enable you to play Xbox games on your android devices. All you need is an Android device, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and a controller. xCloud entitles players to stream games to their Android phones without stressing about downloads.
What you need and how to stream Xbox Game Pass (xCloud) to your Android phone?
Follow the following steps-
- First, you need an Android device either phone or tablet with Android version 6.0(Marshmallow) or greater. The device must have Bluetooth version 4.0 or higher.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device and download the Xbox Game Pass app. If you already have the app downloaded previously then update it.
- Now open the app and sign in to your Microsoft account. Use the same account you use in Xbox Console if you already have an account on it.
- Purchase the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription if you haven’t purchased it. It costs $14.99 per month.
- After all that you will be able to see three bars on the app named Cloud, Console, and PC. Among them select the bar named ‘Cloud’.
- Now you’ll need to connect a compatible controller via Bluetooth(if the controller has Bluetooth compatibility) or USB on your Android device. Note if you have a USB type controller then you have to connect your controller to your device via OTG adapter(micro USB, USB-C).
- From more than 150 games, select the game you like to play and enjoy.
By following these steps you can easily access the Xbox games on your Android devices. Moreover, no game file downloads are required as it runs on the Cloud server.
Which hardware powers xCloud?
xCloud uses custom server rack hardware which is all based on existing Xbox One console components. Means xCloud uses AMD hardware to deliver the same performance and experience as of Xbox One consoles. The custom AMD GPUs are used to power the Cloud.
It’s a big win for AMD as previously most of the cloud server’s runs on Nvidia powered graphics card. Unfortunately, Apple iPhone users will not be able to access xCloud because Apple hasn’t made an exception for xCloud or any different game streaming service to exist on its App Store. Join xCloud from here
Do check out: