The Government of India banned PUBG mobile along with other 117 apps, including Alipay, Arena of Valor, Knives Out, and PUBG Mobile Lite. After the government first banned 59 apps in June, and then later some other Chinese Apps in July, it was speculated that someday PUBG mobile can be a target too included PUBG Mobile. The government finally confirmed the ongoing speculations by banning it. The notice was released late Wednesday this week.
Now coming to the point i.e. what are the reasons that led to the ban of PUBG mobile. The major and minor factors are-
- Due to ongoing conflict with China, the Government of India decided to ban the Apps with Chinese origin. Now, only that Chinese products were also boycotted with ‘Boycot China’ slogan.
- The major issue which led to the ban is that the app is a threat to national sovereignty and integrity as stated by Mystery Of India.
- There have also been news reports alleging that PUBG addiction has caused violence in the last year or two.
- The Governor of the Jammu & Kashmir was asked by the Student Association to ban PUBG due to the poor results in 10th and 12th board.
- An incident took place in Punjab this year which astonished everybody, a teenager reportedly spent Rs. 16 lakhs from his parents’ bank accounts on PUBG Mobile, for skins and other character updates. Another teenager used his grandfather’s Paytm account to spend Rs. 2 lakh in the game for in-app purchases, also in Punjab.
- Parents have been also in stress as their children started to spend more time iN PUBG mobile rather than their studies and it was also seen the children that they are showing symptoms of violence and aggression.
So these are the reasons I believe which lead to the games’ ban. PUBG lovers are not happy after with the Government’s decision and are showing their anger in social media. Some are giving their final tribute to the game before it gets ban permanently.
Do Check Out 👇🏼