Sony offers one of the best affordable consumer grade active noise-cancelling headphones.
With the remarkable success of Sony WH-1000XM3, the company is once again set to release the successor, the SONY WH-1000XM4. According to a few leaked promotional videos, the new model had evolved quite a bit with improved gestures and more comfortable materials, this device is going to take the market like the older models soon.
Features shown in the video:
- The leaked video boasts of an industry-leading dual noise isolation sensor that can totally isolate noise even in the noisiest environment, offering an immersive 360-degree audio experience to the users. It carries the same QN1 High Definition noise-canceling processor form the older model.
- Expected to be equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.1, LDAC and NFC it will provide practically ‘lag less’ and Hi-Res experience to the consumer with lesser consumption of power (thanks to Bluetooth 5.1).
- With DSEE EXTREME certification it upscales the audio according to the music genre and instrument time in the real-time, coupled with 40mm HD hybrid drivers, it beats all its competitors.
- This headphone could automatically adjust the intensity of noise isolation according to the environment the user is in. Like walking, waiting in a station, or traveling. Sony calls it ‘ADAPTIVE SOUND CONTROL’. Personalized sound settings could also be set for registered locations.
- The ‘SPEAK TO CHAT’ feature automatically pauses the music when you talk and resumes once you’re done without a single touch. Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa could now be accessed wirelessly.
- Finally, it comes with Fast Charging that could fire the battery for 5 long hours with just 10 minutes of power. A full charge could easily last for 30 hours. In the worst situation, you can always use it as a wired headphone using the provided 3.5mm connectors.
- And of course, it comes with USB Type-C.
Price and Competition:
The ongoing WH-1000XM3 sales for INR 25000 (333 USD). And the upcoming model is priced at 350 USD (approx. 27,000 INR).
Its main competition would be the slightly higher priced Bose 700 and the rumored Apple AirPods Studio.