The Cupertino giant has silently launched its upcoming iPad Pro series for 2020 with some upgrades, now featuring a new A12Z Bionic SoC, an ultra-wide rear camera, 5 studio-quality mics. The addition of cutting-edge technology like a LiDAR scanner that can be used for depth sensing.
The new iPad Pro has support for trackpad via its new iPadOS 13.4 and the new Magic Keyboard accessory has a built-in trackpad with multi-gesture support which is a feature we’ve all been looking forward to.
But one thing can be a bit surprising for you that even though Apple is making the iPad Pro much powerful and efficient, its battery life is still stuck to 10 hours. Even though mobile SoC efficiency has improved by around 10% to 20% each generation but the 10hrs battery life hasn’t changed since the original iPad that was launched by the late Steve Jobs.
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch / 12.9-inch (2020) Specs:
- Display: 11-inch (2388 x 1668 pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Display: 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Processor: Octa-Core A12Z Bionic 7nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 8-core GPU and M12 motion coprocessor
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB variants
- OS: iPadOS 13.4
- Rear Camera: Main wide Camera: 12MP, f/1.8 aperture, Secondary Ultra-wide Angle: 10MP, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 125° field of view, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter, Quad-LED True Tone flash,
- 7MP front-facing FaceTime camera, f/2.2 aperture, Portrait mode
Portrait Lighting, Retina Flash, SmartHDR
- Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording, Four speaker audio
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
- Dimensions (11-inch): 247.6x 178.5x 5.9mm & Weight: 471g
- Dimensions (12.9-inch): 280.6x 214.9 x 5.9mm & Weight: 641g
- Battery: 11-inch – 28.65-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
- Battery: 12.9-inch – 36.71-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
When compared with Samsung ARM-based Snapdragon 8cx-powered Samsung Galaxy Book S that offers well over 20 hours of battery life, the iPad Pro seems a bit underwhelming especially considering the fact that even the Galaxy Tab S6 models which look similar offers 50% more battery life at up to 15 hours.
The 11-inch iPad Pro has a starting price of Rs.71,900 in India for the Wi-Fi model and Rs.85,900 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model. While the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at Rs.89,900 for the Wi-Fi model and at a hefty Rs.1,03,900 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
The second-generation Apple Pencil for iPad Pro will available for Rs.10,900, on the other hand, new Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro will available in space grey for Rs.7,500 for the 11-inch iPad Pro and Rs.9,900 for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
Do check out: