Huawei has recently launched a lot of products and among them, Huawei has even launched its new premium range of laptops or rather upgraded from last-gen to the Huawei MateBook X Pro 2020 with the latest 10th Gen Intel Core CPUs.
There hasn’t been much change since the last-gen model in terms of design and also you have the same 13.9-inch 3K LTPS FullView display with a 91% screen-to-body ratio along with a pop-up webcam and 14.6mm sleek metal body.
The biggest change is on the hardware perspective, now you get 10th gen Intel Core processors along with discrete NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GPU but not the newer MX350 GPU and there’s the new Emerald Green colour.
HUAWEI MateBook X Pro 2020 Specifications
- 13.9-inch display with 3000 x 2000 pixels resolution & Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 178-degree wide viewing angle, 450 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% sRGB colour gamut
- 1.6GHz 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor (Turbo up to 4.2 GHz) / 1.8GHz 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10510U Processor (Turbo up to 4.9 GHz)
- Intel UHD Graphics/ NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GPU
- 8GB / 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM
- 512GB / 1 TB NVMe PCIe SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- 1MP HD pop-up webcam
- A fingerprint scanner on the power button
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Ports: USB-C x 2 (support data, charging and DisplayPort), USB-A 3.0 x 1, 3.5 mm headset and microphone jack x 1
- Quad digital microphones and Quad speakers with Dolby Atmos support
- Dimensions: 304 x 217mm x 14.6mm
- Weight: 1.33kg
- 56Wh battery with up to 13 hours of local video playback
It’s disappointing to see Huawei using the Comet Lake CPUs rather than the Ice Lake ones, so you get options of Core i7-10510U and Core i5-10510U CPUs based on Intel’s age-old 14nm++ manufacturing process and 15W TDP.
Both of them are four hyper-threaded cores with a base frequency of 1.8 GHz for i7-10510U/ 1.6GHz for i5-10510U going up to 4.9 GHz/ 4.2 GHz with Turbo Boost respectively. Huawei gives you the option to opt for up to Nvidia GeForce MX250 discrete GPU with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM.
The laptop has a huge battery rated at 57.4Wh which according to Huawei will last up to 13hrs which indeed is pretty good enough for a premium laptop and the whole thing weighs only 1.33 kg. It also features a full size backlit chiclet keyboard along with a fingerprint scanner on the power button.
The HUAWEI MateBook X Pro 2020 comes in four colour options: Emerald Green, Space Gray and Mystic Silver. The laptop is priced at 1499 Euros (US$ 1627 / Rs.1,17,080 approx) for the i5+16GB RAM+512GB SSD version, 1699 Euros (US$ 1844 / Rs.1,32,900 approx) for the same variant with MX250 GPU.
The top-end variant with Core i7+16GB RAM+1TBGB SSD+MX250 SSD version will cost 1999 Euros (US$ 2170 / Rs.1,56,370 approx) and the laptop will be available in Europe, Asia Pacific, Russia, Japan, Middle East and Latin America from April 2020 onwards.
Do check out: