Dell at CES 2019 launches new Dell Alienware Area-51m gaming laptop which premium, top-class as well as upgradable like desktop
At this CES 2019, Dell has introduced its new flagship gaming laptop called the Alienware Area-51m. This one brags some some very unique features.
The best part of this gaming laptop is that it’s upgradable like a desktop. Yes, it’s crazy but true… 😃
The Area-51m is insanely powerful with desktop-class Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs. Also over the time you can unscrew and it and upgrade it anytime you want.
So with this modular design technically you can simply swap out the CPU or GPU without having to replace the entire laptop. Let’s talk more about its specifications:
- 17.3-inch IPS FHD display
- A standard 60Hz panel or with Nvidia G-Sync
- A 144Hz panel and Tobii Eye Tracking or 144Hz panel, Tobii Eye Tracking and Nvidia G-Sync
- Powered by eight-core CPU ranging from Core i7-8700 up to a Core i9-9900K
- The Area-51m uses Intel Z390 socket motherboard
- up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM
- Single, dual and triple storage configurations ranging from hybrid drives, PCIe M.2 SSDs to even a bunch of them in RAID 0 configurations
- Graphics has been powered NVIDIA RTX Mobile graphics, wide graphics options including a GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB GDDR6 RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 with 8GB of GDDR6 RAM or a GeForce RTX 2080 with 8GB of GDDR6 RAM
- HD webcam with dual-array mics and stereo speakers
- Connectivity: three USB 3.1 ports (Type-A), a Thunderbolt 3 port (Type-C), HDMI 2.0, Mini-DisplayPort 1.4, headphone and microphone sockets, Gigabit Ethernet, Alienware Graphics Amplifier port
- 90WHr battery with two AC power adapters having a variable wattage depending on the configuration
- Comes with Dell’s TactX keyboard with 2.2mm of travel and pre-key RGB backlighting
The Design and Software
The Dell Alienware Area-51m gaming laptop uses an all-new industrial design language, which Dell has codenamed as ‘Legend‘. The chassis of the laptop has been built using a magnesium alloy and there’s a new ‘three-knuckled hinge’ design that is said to reduce the overall footprint.
This laptop is designed so that it can be a true desktop replacement, in the true sense of the word. So, with an upgradable PC like
This mighty laptop just weighs 3.87kg and also features some narrow bezels on the three sides. It comes with the 5th generation of Tobii Eye Tracking technology.
Being an Alienware laptop, the Area-51m supports AlienFX customisable lighting across various areas, Command Centre for custom profiles, Cryo-Tech 2.0 technology for better cooling.
Price and Availability
The Alienware Area-51m will available in 2 colours — Lunar Light and Dark Side of the Moon.
The sale of this gaming beast will start from January 29th with a starting price of $2,549 (approx Rs.1,77,000), also lower-priced configuration ones will be coming very soon.
😎 TechnoSports-stay UPDATED 😎