The FIFA BEST AWARDS was held last night… Here’s all you need to know about it… The Nominations, Winners and the FIFPRO XI of 2018
In a year that was filled with drama, action and excitement across both the men’s and women’s game, The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 look set to build on the success of 2017’s event and return to London bigger and better than ever.
The winners crowned at the Royal Festival Hall (Southbank) on 24 September 2018, where the great and good of world football descend upon the city to celebrate the very “best” the sport has to offer.
The shortlisted candidates for The Best FIFAFootball Awards 2018 are:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus FC,
formerly Real Madrid CF)
- Luka Modrić (Croatia/Real Madrid CF)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool FC)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
- Ada Hegerberg (Norway/Olympique Lyonnais)
- Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany/Olympique
- Marta (Brazil/Orlando Pride)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
- Zlatko Dalić (Croatia/Croatia national team)
- Didier Deschamps (France/France national
- Zinédine Zidane (France/formerly Real Madrid
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
- Reynald Pedros (France/Olympique Lyonnais)
- Asako Takakura (Japan/Japan national team)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands/Netherlands
The Best FIFA Goalkeeper:
- Thibaut Courtois (Belgium/Real Madrid CF,
formerly Chelsea FC)
- Hugo Lloris (France/Tottenham Hotspur FC)
- Kasper Schmeichel (Denmark/Leicester City
FIFA Puskás Award:
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid CF) – v. Liverpool FC
- Denis Cheryshev (Russia) – v. Croatia
- Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (AEK FC) – v.
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Cruzeiro) – v.
- Riley McGree (Newcastle Jets FC) – v.
Melbourne City FC
- Lionel Messi (Argentina) – v. Nigeria
- Benjamin Pavard (France) – v. Argentina
- Ricardo Quaresma (Portugal) – v. IR Iran
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF) – v.
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool FC) – v. Everton FC
FIFA Fan Award:
- Sebastián Carrera (Deportes Puerto Montt,
- Peru fans
- Japan and Senegal fans
THE BEST FIFA MEN’S PLAYER:
Luka Modrić was named The Best FIFA Men’s Player for the first time after a successful year with Real Madrid CF and Croatia.
THE BEST FIFA WOMEN’S PLAYER:
Marta Vieira da Silva took the top individual honour in the women’s game, claiming The Best FIFA Women’s Player award following her achievements.
THE BEST FIFA WOMEN’S COACH:
Reynald Pedros was unveiled as The Best FIFA Women’s Coach after leading Olympique Lyonnais – OL to a landmark season.
THE BEST FIFA MEN’S COACH:
Didier Deschamps was unveiled as The Best FIFA Men’s Coach after leading Équipe de France de Football to a FIFA World Cup triumph.
THE BEST FIFA GOALKEEPER:
Thibaut Courtois was named as The Best FIFA Goalkeeper, the first time he has claimed the award, after proving vital between the posts for both his club during the 2017/18 season and for Belgium at this summer’s FIFA World Cup in
FIFA Puskás AWARD:
Fans from around the world had their say and chose Mohamed Salah’s superb effort as the winner of the 2018 FIFA Puskás Award, with the Egyptian victorious having garnered 38 per cent of the vote.
FIFA FAIR PLAY AWARD:
In a poignant moment during the star-studded ceremony, the FIFA Fair Play Award was presented to German striker Lennart Thy, who donated blood and took time away from football to help save the life of a leukaemia patient who matched with his DNA.
FIFA FAN AWARD:
Recognizing the remarkable actions of fans from across the world, the FIFA Fan Award – voted for by fans – was won by the fans of Peru, who received 74% of the total votes.
THE FIFPRO XI OF 2018:
David de Gea, Dani Alves, Raphaël Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo Vieira, Luka Modrić, N’Golo Kanté, Eden Hazard, Kylian Mbappé, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Do check out: The Best FIFA Football Awards
For more Tech & Sports follow TechnoSports-stay UPDATED 🙂