Manchester City’s highest scorer, Sergio Aguero signs a new £220,000-a-week contract. This contract will keep him with the Premier League champions for 10 years.
Sergio Aguero is all set to torment Premier League clubs till 2021. He has recently signed a new contract with Manchester City which will keep him at the Ethiad Stadium till 2021. 2021 will be his 10th year at City. The Argentina international’s former club Atletico Madrid were interested in re-signing him over the summer. But Aguero has decided to prolong his stay at the Etihad Stadium until 2021.
Sergio Aguero ignored clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona to become a Manchester City legend. The Argentina international joined from Atletico Madrid for a reported £40 million in 2011. He is Manchester City’s all time leading goal scorer with 204 goals. Aguero wrote his name in Manchester City’s history when he grabbed the dramatic late winner against Queens Park Rangers in May 2012 that secured their first ever Premier League title.
Aguero has made 299 appearances for Manchester City. And he is most probably going to make his 300th appearance against Cardiff City in this weekend. He has 204 goals for the club in all competions. The Argentina striker became City’s all-time record scorer when he was scored in last November’s 4-2 Champions League triumph at Napoli. He surpassed Eric Brook’s previous best mark of 177 that stood unchallenged for 79 years. He has averaged a goal every 108 minutes for City – 0.68 goals per game.
Lets have a look at the numbers of Sergio Aguero’s Manchester City career :
- 33 – Aguero’s most prolific season was 2016-17, when he netted 33 times.
- 82 – In 2013-14 season Aguero found the net 28 times in 2,289 minutes on the pitch. That is an average of a goal in every 82 minutes.
- 146 – Aguero has scored 146 Premier League goals. He has 36 more goals than anyone else in Premier League since the start of his City career.
- 26 – Aguero has scored 26 goals of Manchester City’s 102 goals in Champions League, i.e. 25% of their goals.
- 6 – Aguero has won the Premier League and EFL cup three times each with Manchester City. But he has yet to win an European title.
- 51 – Aguero has scored against 51 teams out of the 57 teams he has faced for Manchester City.
- 9 – Aguero has 9 Premier League hat-tricks. Only Alan Shearer has more, 11 hat-tricks. But no one has a more impressive haul of hat-tricks for a single club.
- 14 – Aguero’s highest number of goals came against Newcastle United. 14 goals in 13 appearances.
- 19 – David Silva has set up Aguero for 19 goals. It is more than anyone else since his arrival. Yaya Toure (17) and Kevin De Bruyne (15) are not far behind, though.
Sergio Aguero talks to CityTV after signing his contract renewal, keeping him with The Blues until 2021. Subscribe for FREE and never miss another Manchester City video. http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=mancity http://www.mancity.com http://www.facebook.com/mancity http://www.twitter.com/mancity http://www.instagram.com/mancity https://www.snapchat.com/add/mancityofficial About the Official Man City YouTube Channel: Here you will find all the latest videos from Manchester City, including, all Premier League goals, highlights, behind-the-scenes footage, training and much more.
Here is the video of Sergio Aguero’s new contract signing with Manchester City, which will keep him at the Ethiad Stadium till 2021.