The tech giant MediaTek unveils their new “Helio A” Series Processors that powers the new Xiaomi Redmi 6A
MediaTek had a successful 2018 with its Helio P series and X series. Well, after powering the mid-range and high-end chipsets MediaTek seems to be aiming the budget segment. Both the series have made speculations in the market and has been used in quite a lot of smartphones…
We know that the Snapdragon 425 and 450 chipsets have delivered an amazing performance for the low-budget and mid-budget smartphones. So, to give a fight to Snapdragon MediaTek announces its new “Helio A” series chipsets.
The A-Series, short for “Advanced”, is designed to power smartphones priced between $100-150. It will compete with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 400 series.
The first chipset in the series is to be the Helio A22. The chipset will support dual cameras, Bluetooth 5.0, dual VoLTE, display notch, and much higher RAM compared to its predecessors…
Key Highlights of Helio A22 :
- Quad-core CPU with four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 2.0GHz each,
- Built on the 12nm architecture,
- Has been paired with an Imagination PowerVR GE8320 single-core GPU,
- With a support of 13MP+8MP cameras on the rear,
- On the front, the SoC supports up to a 21MP sensor,
- Video recording capability of 1080p at 30FPS,
- Bluetooth 5.0 support and higher RAM capacity,
- For the display, it has a maximum resolution support of 1600×720,
- Dual VoLTE support for the sims,
- It can handle download speeds of as high as 300Mbps while it can reach an upload speed of up to 150Mbps…
- The chipset can bring the popular bokeh effect on cheap smartphones,
- With the 12nm architecture, you can expect faster processing speed and lower power consumption,
- Already we have seen the use of MediaTek chipsets on Full-view screen smartphones, and now with Helio A series and with the 20:9 ratio hints, we can expect notch-ed displays on cheaper phones,
- It will help people use dual VoLTE sims on a single smartphone…
So, wrap things up, MediaTek is yet to show its best in the budget segment… So, get ready people for some upcoming budget smartphone wonders…
After being official, the Helio A22 chipset is spotted on the Xiaomi Redmi 6A in China. It is allegedly been known that the smartphone it is already shipping out in China… It can also be possible that this chipset is used in the Redmi 6A in India.
For more Tech & Sports updates follow TechnoSports… To download the app, click here. 🙂