ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE AS IT STANDS AFTER GAMEWEEK 29 !!!!
As it stands after the gameweek 29 of the English Premier League. MANCHESTER CITY is leading the race by a mile with 78 points. 2nd placed Manchester United is 16 points behind the leader, on 62 points.
What we learned from Matchweek 29 !?
- Burnley 2-1 Everton : This was the first time in 61 fixtures. Burnley have won a Premier League match after going behind under Sean Dyche.
- Leicester City 1-1 AFC Bournemouth : Riyad Mahrez’s goal was his 36th for Leicester in the Premier League, but his first from a direct free-kick, at the 27th attempt.
- Southampton 0-0 Stoke City : Saints had 18 shots in this match, their highest without scoring in the Premier League since Matchweek 1 v Swansea City, with 29 shots.
- Swansea City 4-1 West Ham United : Swansea have scored 20 of their 21 Premier League penalties. A success rate of 95 per cent, the best from the spot in the competition’s history.
- Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Huddersfield Town : Mauricio Pochettino became the 19th manager to collect 100 Premier League wins. He is the first non-European to reach the mark.
- Watford 1-0 West Bromwich Albion : Troy Deeney’s goal came on his 300th league appearance for Watford. He also scored on his 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th and 250th league appearances for the club.
- Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United : Sadio Mane’s goal was the 200th Liverpool have scored in the Premier League under Jurgen Klopp. Since he was appointed, only Man City, with 214 goals, have scored more in the competition.
- Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Arsenal : Glenn Murray has scored six PL goals in 2018. Only Sergio Aguero, with nine, and Mo Salah, with seven, have more.
- Manchester City 1-0 Chelsea : With victory on Sunday, Manchester City went 18 points clear at the top of the table. This is the biggest lead ahead of second place. since March 2006 when Chelsea were 18 points ahead of Man Utd.
- Crystal Palace 2-3 Manchester United : United came from 2-0 down to win a PL match for the first time since December 2013 at Hull City. While Nemanja Matic’s goal was their first 90th-minute winner since Marcus Rashford’s against Hull in August 2016.